W 4-0 @ CHI
W 4-2 @ CHI
L 0-2 @ CHI
W 4-1 @ CHI
W 6-1 V DM
L 4-5 V DM

4-3

GOOD:

We retook the lead in Def Efficiency after a couple of weeks of bad defensive baseball. Hopefully the team can continue this pace that I've set them on! (or you know we'll probably get like 5 errors).

Reese Newsome again played well, 8IP with just one earned run and 7 K. Newsome may actually be a Darkhorse candidate for an All-Star selection, crazy to think that just over a month ago he was almost going to be sent down.

Speaking of former Yellow Springs pitchers, Alejandro Morin will finally be off the injured list and will be sent to AAA for some rehab. This comes as the starters for the Mounties have all been playing particularly well and unlike with Phil Cole, I feel no need to immediately rush him back.

BAD:

That one error we had ended up costing us the game against Yellow Springs, as it leaded to the eventually game winning single with two outs remaining.. ouch

Like me in high-school, we're the lowest scoring team in the entire BBA. I want to blame our mediocre offense since besides Tony Frost, no one is batting above .265, which makes it harder to y'know, get runs. At least we don't strike out that much?

We also don't walk a lot either, meaning we have to really on our high contact guys to hit the ball in play (womp womp).

ALL-STAR PREDICTIONS:

I thought for sure Steve Warren was going to be overlooked when the voting came but as of the time i'm typing this he's currently tied for most starting pitcher votes with 9, which makes me incredibly happy to see as we can finally get him in an All-Star game representing a more respectable team then the last one he made it with.

Reese Newsome and Sam Fisher are currently holding 5 votes at the time as well. I do think Fisher was a shoo-in but a ill timed game against fucking Nashville killed any hope of that. I have hope he can make his first, same goes for Newsome who's really surged these past few weeks. We'll see what happens. Xuan Ngo and Rodney Keeley are also looking increasingly well that they will make it in. Ngo was leading and Keeley isn't too far behind.

So what about the offense? HAHAHAAAA oh that's funny. Tony Frost will be the only one to get votes and it might not be enough as he has Felix Parreno's exceptional year to combat with. Hopefully he'll able to get a reserve spot.

STANDINGS:

Sooo we're still in 4th though a huge series win against the Black Sox keeps us just one game away from the final wildcard spot. Sim #14 has us playing the next two games against Des Moines before hosting Louisville for a four game series.
Aaron Wharram (356-292)
General Manager of the Vancouver Mounties!
Playoff App: 2056, 2057, 2058

Former GM of the Sydney Sharks! (22-22) (August 2054 - October 2054)

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”