2058-5 Sim #7 Review

GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

Knucklehead254
BBA GM

2058-5 Sim #7 Review

Post by Knucklehead254 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:46 am

Decided to start doing these as I've seen other teams doing them and looks fun! So gonna try to do one of these every sim. Don't worry I'll still be writing some more creative stories like I have been.

SIM RESULTS:

L 5-8 @ SAC
W 8-2 @ VAL
W 4-1 @ VAL
L 4-11 @ VAL
L 5-6 V YS9
L 1-6 V YS9

2-4

GOOD:

Tony Frost just finished up with his first FL Player of the week award since 2050! Frost hit .458 with 3 Home runs and 4 RBIs in 6 Games played. Once again he has had a great start to the season, leading the Mounties in nearly every offensive statistics so far. Will another All-Star game be in his future?

I don't know how Sam Fisher does it, but I'm not complaining. The 31 year old pitched another winning effort, his third straight, against the Valencia Stars. In 5.1 innings he allowed 2 runs with an unprecedented 4 walks.. and 0 strike outs. But hey, whatever he's doing is working. He's now 7-0 with an ERA of 2.49.

Sophomore Slump? More like Sophomore Surge. Reynaldo Serrano had another impressive week putting him behind only Frost on most offensive statistics, and remember, he missed the first two weeks of the season. He had 3 home runs and 9 RBIs this week, and extended his little hitting streak to 12 games before losing it last night against Yellow Springs.

BAD:

After last week where he hit 5 in a single game, having fans believe he'd finally found his groove, Yodo Sato once again struggled. Whilst he had a hit in 4 of the five games this week, only one of those games involved him getting on base more than once which for a lead off hitter, isn't very good. It's still somewhat early in the season, but with the intense battle in the division, Sato needs to step up sooner rather than later.

Only one pitcher this week started in two games this sim, that was Geoffrey Greening. Unfortunately, both of those games were losses, dropping him to 3-6 on the season. In fact this marks now his sixth loss in his last seven starts, not ideal. This week he allowed 8 earned runs in just 8 innings pitched. With a Phil Cole return looming, many fans expect Greening to be the man sent down to Triple A.

The rest of the offense. That's it, that's the point.

DEBUTS:

P Ben Ruffin: 2GP, 4.2 IP, 0 ERA, 5 K, 0 BB
Acquired from Long Beach via waivers

STANDINGS:

The Mounties currently sit in 4th place in the pacific division with a record of 22-22. Sim #8 will finish the final two games of the series against the Yellow Springs Nine, followed by a four game homestand against the Chicago Black Sox and the returning 1B Jorge Gutierrez. Finally we finish off with the opener of our road trip against Des Moines Kernals.
Aaron Wharram (356-292)
General Manager of the Vancouver Mounties!
Playoff App: 2056, 2057, 2058

Former GM of the Sydney Sharks! (22-22) (August 2054 - October 2054)

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”