2058-2 Meet the Starters

GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

Knucklehead254
BBA GM

2058-2 Meet the Starters

Post by Knucklehead254 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:54 am

Well this feels kind of early to be putting out already but since I've essentially signed everyone I've needed for the bats anyway, here's a quick look at the projected starters for the 2058 Mounties.

C Davenport Hinkle

For the tenth season, Hinkle will be the premier catcher for the Mounties again. Looking to follow up his impressive 2057 season, which ended with a Golden Bat Award, Hinkle will be looking to lead a team ready to make another deep playoff push. What will be interesting is this offseason he has an opt-out option on his contract, which could have him set to become the biggest free agent should he choose to. I personally hope he sticks around his entire career.

2057 Stats: .284 AVG, 35 HR, 80 RBI

1B Yodo Sato

The first new face for the team this season, Sato was just recently acquired in a trade with Atlantic City. With a focus on speed and defense Sato should be a solid first basemen with his ability to scoop up balls thrown his way. His high contact low power stat-line means he should fill the role that Bob Irwin did two years ago as the teams leadoff hitter.

2057 Stats: .302 AVG, 5 HR, 50 RBI

2B Reynaldo Serrano

The soon to be 23 year-old will be looking to avoid the sophomore slump and continue his solid production at the second base slot. Last year he finished runner-up in a tight newcomer of the year race and has potential to take another big step this season. Serrano received a nice little bump to his error rating at second and thus should produce a more solid defensive season to go along with his bat. Suffice to say I'm glad i made this pick in the 2056 draft.

2057 Stats: .275 AVG, 13 HR, 62 RBI

SS Thomas Kramer

Although I lost out on bringing back Trewartha, Kramer should be an excellent replacement this year due to his leadership qualities. Bringing him in from the divisional rival Tropics (who had signed Trewartha), I'm excited at the prospect of this overall infield's defensive capabilities, as well as Kramer having a slightly better bat. Of course this won't be a long term solution, as I won't be accepting the team option after this season. Still there is a lot to look forward to with Kramer on board, especially as he is now the biggest free agent signing I've made in my career.

2057 stats: .238 AVG, 12 HR, 50 RBI

3B Tony Frost

Frost returns after opting out of his player option to man the third-base spot yet again. The fan favorite has been producing although there are some concerns with his WAR trending downwards, but I have confidence he can have another great season. There is certainly extra motivation for Frost as well, since he watched his former Nashville team win the championship last year (GAG).

2057 Stats: .257 AVG, 23 HR, 82 RBI

LF Martin Hemming

I was honestly expecting Hemming to opt-out of his $5 million player option but was pleasantly surprised to see him stick around for another year. He's a solid defensive presence with a good bat, which is pretty good for a player that was claimed off waivers. Like many others, his contract will be up at the end of the year with those wondering if he will make a return. I'm happy to have him back this year.

2057 Stats: .276 AVG, 23 HR, 82 RBI

CF Ramón Moreno

The 2057 Frick League steals leader returns with his contract set to end at the finish of the season as well. Whilst his bat has certainly been on again off again, his speed has shown to be an asset as his 42 stolen bases helped our team lead the BBA in SB. If he can just find some consistency in his bat, Moreno should once again be a solid threat.

2057 Stats: .228 AVG, 1 HR, 25 RBI

RF Ángel González

The future hall of famer comes back for another year and still looks like he will be able to have another elite season. I remember thinking 2056 would be his last season here but he's obviously made me change my mind. Not only should González have another excellent season, but he may have the honor of joining the Mounties hall-of-fame when all is said and done.

2057 Stats: .298 AVG, 17 HR, 57 RBI

DH Pancho Costa

With a sign of his fielding skills diminishing, Costa will be moved to the DH spot this year. I'm happy to be bringing him back on a cheaper deal then his team option would've been, although I am sad to let Gutierrez walk. Costa was injured for around half the year so this spot in the Dh should help with that as well. All in all I'm excited to hopefully have him for a full season.

2057 Stats: .279 AVG, 17 HR, 54 RBI
Aaron Wharram (356-292)
General Manager of the Vancouver Mounties!
Playoff App: 2056, 2057, 2058

Former GM of the Sydney Sharks! (22-22) (August 2054 - October 2054)

Krathan
BBA GM

Re: 2058-2 Meet the Starters

Post by Krathan » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:39 am

Looks like another solid team for sure. And next offseason is going to be an interesting one for you.
Krathan (Nathan)
Cairo Pharaos GM 2055 (2055 GBC Champion)
Charlotte Cougars/Flyers GM Sept. 2055-??? (2058 JL Wildcard)

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2058-2 Meet the Starters

Post by RonCo » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:06 pm

Aaron just keeps building.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”