2058-1 Sick

GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

Knucklehead254
BBA GM

2058-1 Sick

Post by Knucklehead254 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:37 am

Still sick. Want to to type a quick article on recent events around the Mounties

Aurélien Guérin announced his retirement from managing. He was the first hire I made when I joined the team late 2054. Guérin led the team to three straight winning seasons and back to back playoff appearances the last two years, though it led to Game 5 losses both times. He leaves with a record of 270-216 for the Mounties. I honestly didn't even see the email he sent me until a week later, but thankfully I was able to give him a proper send him off, he will be missed. That being said life goes on and after interviewing several candidates, I decided to hire former pitching coach of the Omaha Cyclones, Stafford Carter. Carter was also the manager for Jerusalem from 2049-2051 and led them to a GBC Championship in 2050. Hopefully he can bring some of that championship experiecne to a team that has come short in the playoffs the last two years.

Tony Frost and Pancho Costa have agreed to extensions with the plan being move Costa to DH. Frost's contract gives me the flexibility to cut it short after one year and the money he earns this year is less then what it would've been had he accepted the player option. I also turned Costa's 12 million this year into 16 million over 3 years with the final year being a vesting option. Of course with these moves means I will not be offering Jorge Gutierrez arbitration and will let him test free agency. We will always remember his historic game where he batted in a BBA record 11 runs in a single game.

And finally I made a trade because of course I did. With the vacant first base slot open I dealt Eduardo Correa (one of many outfielders in my organization) to Atlantic City for Yodo Sato. Sato has played at second for the majority of his career but he should defensively do better as a first basemen. Plus with his solid contact and ability to avoid strikeouts he should do nicely as our leadoff hitter next season.

I've also offered an extension to Bill O'Connor and a contract to a free agent relief pitcher who shall not be named. Anyways with that ends what I've currently done to start the offseason. Hopefully once this flu goes away I can write more creative TN and finish some of my features.
Aaron Wharram (356-292)
General Manager of the Vancouver Mounties!
Playoff App: 2056, 2057, 2058

Former GM of the Sydney Sharks! (22-22) (August 2054 - October 2054)

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: 2058-1 Sick

Post by Trebro » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:50 pm

Feel better soon!
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”