2057-8 Wheeling and Dealing

GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

Knucklehead254
BBA GM

2057-8 Wheeling and Dealing

Post by Knucklehead254 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:49 am

"Alright sounds good, thanks! I'll send it to the commissioners office." Click

Welp that's another trade in the books. I just got through this morning acquiring disgruntled reliever Raphael Castagna from one of our divisional rivals in San Fernando, and now I've acquired a much needed second basemen for my struggling AAA team in Will Lee. It's crazy just how much trading I've done since I joined the league. Hell a little over half of my current active roster are players that I traded for. I'd bet since I joined the league back in 2055, nobody has made more trades than I have. But I suppose when you want to contend and aren't able to convince high-end talent to come to the frozen city of Vancouver you got to do what you can to bring them here. Although now I feel that I have made all the moves I wanted to ma-

oh a new trade block just got posted from Valencia.

Like I always do with trade blocks I take a look, admittedly haphazardly since I feel like I don't have much else to add that won't break my farm system or cost too much money. I mean a few days ago Sacramento's GM basically laughed at the idea of a deal for there newest trade block addition in Robert Hanson. The first few players I look at intrigue me but ultimately weren't needs of mine, until I reached SS Quintin Trewartha. I couldn't believe it, the reigning diamond glove holder in a position I've been desperately trying to fill with a defensive ace. But one thought enters my mind.

How is he with injuries?

I had to deal with a carousel of shortstops who were essentially made of glass bones and paper skin. Ewan Allmen had been my starter for my 2 and a half years.. and only played in about 33% of those games. Now that he's gone I'm sure he wont suffer another injury ever again. My current shortstop, Niaz Minhas, wasn't even supposed to play shortstop and instead anchor second base... until Reyanldo Serrano took the most of his opportunity after Allmen, Minhas and Williams were all injured and essentially won the starting job. Minhas is fine at shortstop but just doesn't have the arm to make consistent throws over to first. Plus he's just as injury prone, missing quite a number of games this year. Safe to say Nashville got back at me for fleecing him when I first joined the league (cough though at least I didn't get robbed by a rookie GM in their first trade cough) as he hasn't panned out as well as I had hoped. Oh well live and learn. Anyways I check Trewartha's injury proneness and see the word

DURABLE

The hair on my body rises up, I get the same feeling as when your mom talks dirty to me.

I need him. I need him now

I quickly reach out to Valencia's GM, of course though I tell him I'm only slightly interested. I know if this deal were to work I'd need to match the salary, thankfully he was willing to take Armando Rodriguez, a solid pitcher who has been having injury problems this year and wouldn't agree to any sort of extension I offered. Essentially the deal went through without much of a hitch, although we confused each other of thinking the other GM was gonna retain salary. Once that was done I made the call in. Did I overpay? Potentially, the two prospects I gave up have a chance to become decent pitchers in the future. But this was a position of dire need for the Mounties, and I know I want to work out an extension as soon as possible. Three trades in one day... As another Gm so elegantly put it, "You keep changing the tires while the car is rolling!" Hey when you're contending, you gotta do what you can to keep up with the teams in your division, because they're not gonna sit back either.
Aaron Wharram (356-292)
General Manager of the Vancouver Mounties!
Playoff App: 2056, 2057, 2058

Former GM of the Sydney Sharks! (22-22) (August 2054 - October 2054)

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: 2057-8 Wheeling and Dealing

Post by trmmilwwi » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:25 am

Knucklehead254 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:49 am
The hair on my body rises up, I get the same feeling as when your mom talks dirty to me.
Is that tampering with Phoenix?!!
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Re: 2057-8 Wheeling and Dealing

Post by BaseClogger » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:30 pm

I love the insight behind the scenes. Caleca
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”