2056-2 He's baaack

GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

Knucklehead254
BBA GM

2056-2 He's baaack

Post by Knucklehead254 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:16 am

MANNY TOLEDO RETURNS TO MOUNTIES December 16, 2055
After spending an entire year off from baseball to be with his family, 1B Manny Toledo has returned to the Vancouver Mounties on a 2 year-$10 million deal. This comes after the Mounties had to let go of their two first basemen Blaine Tyler and Dylan Malloch due to the teams tight financial situation.

"We're incredibly pleased to have him coming back to Vancouver," says Wharram. "we think he'll be the right fit for what we're looking for at first base."

Toledo spent the three years before with the Mounties, batting a .252 AVG with 44 HR and 123 RBI with the team in 372 games. He was let go when Wharram first joined the team last year, when the Mounties moved Blaine Tyler to first base after acquiring Tony Frost. Despite having decent stats and a season high 90 walks, his .233 AVG and overall talent pool in the free agency class kept teams away from the then 29-year-old first basemen. Toledo then decided to take the year off to return to his home country in Panama to visit family.

"It was honestly a real low point in my life not being signed by a team that year," says Toledo. "I'm very grateful for my family to help me through that tough time."

Fan reaction was overall very excited to see the 30-year-old return to the team as he became a fan favorite for the team in just his three short years here. Some even felt like the team may have more regular season success in the 2055 season if Toledo had been the first basemen.

"We would've made the playoffs last year if we kept Toledo and shipped that Tyler bum off the team instead." said one fan blog.

The Mounties also added another bullpen option, as they signed P Leonard Thompson to a minor league deal with a major league option worth $2 Million. The 24-year-old had a decent season last year in the bullpen for both the Chicago Black Sox and Yellow Springs Nine, with a 3.50 ERA and 44 K in 35 relief appearances. Fans should not expect much more activity in free agency as the team has roughly just $6 million free in cap space, though they are still looking for a potential starting second basemen.
Aaron Wharram (356-292)
General Manager of the Vancouver Mounties!
Playoff App: 2056, 2057, 2058

Former GM of the Sydney Sharks! (22-22) (August 2054 - October 2054)

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2056-2 He's baaack

Post by RonCo » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:58 am

Holy Toledo!
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”