2055-2

GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

Knucklehead254
BBA GM

2055-2

Post by Knucklehead254 » Sat May 13, 2023 3:53 am

NEW MANAGER HIRED TO LEAD MOUNTIES November 14, 2054
Wharram's first act as GM has come to fruition earlier this week, as the team needed to fill a vacant manager position after Francisco Catazara’s departure from the team. Several candidates were rumored for the job, however according to Wharram, he got the man he wanted. Belgian Aurélien Guérin will become the new manager of the Vancouver Mounties after agreeing to a 5-year $8,500,000 contract ($1.7M AAV). The 61-year old currently has a record of 343-467 (.423) with one playoff appearance as manager in the BBA from 2035-2039 with the division rival Hawaii Tropics (can't blame him it's Hawaii (; ). After his time in Hawaii he took a near eight year break from baseball before returning to the league by becoming the first Base Coach for the Nashville Bluebirds. In his five-year stint there he helped the team achieve two 100 win seasons and a championship in 2050. He then left the team in 2052 to join the Mexico City Aztecs as their hitting coach and coached them to be one of the top hitting teams in the league. He earned another ring as well in 2052.

Wharram was said to be very pleased with his interviews with Guérin, and feels like his hitting philosophy can help a sunken offense explode in the coming years.

"We're incredibly excited to have him on board," said Wharram. "He has the experience we need in the league and couldn't think of anyone out there we'd rather have to lead us."

Guérin was also pleased to be getting a second chance at being a manager in the BBA.

"Obviously my first run as manager went below my expectations for the team I was with," says Guérin. "I've learned since then, explored different avenues, and now I'm ready to return as a manager again. I'm very happy to be joining the Vancouver Mounties and hope to repay the front office and the fans in their faith in me."

Fan reaction has been mixed so far, while some are excited at bringing in a championship caliber coach as some fans felt that Francisco Catazara should've been kept on as manager despite the last two seasons. Catazara leaves the team with a 403-407 (.497) record and two playoff appearances in five seasons with the team.

"Hopefully he'll prove me wrong," says one fanblog. "But to me it feels like we should've attempted to keep Catazara instead."
Aaron Wharram (356-292)
General Manager of the Vancouver Mounties!
Playoff App: 2056, 2057, 2058

Former GM of the Sydney Sharks! (22-22) (August 2054 - October 2054)

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2055-2

Post by RonCo » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:16 pm

Francisco Catazara ... oh my goodness, but there's a fun Brewster Trivia fact associated with him.

I'll have to post it in League Chatter.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”