GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:49 pm

GM: " Opening Day! What an exciting time. I'm sure there's a lot we can talk about. Shoot. "

Renfork: " 7 starters for 5 spots. 8 if you count non roster invite Melvin Simpson. Who is going down to AAA? "

GM: " Thats easy Niles. Sam Fisher and Rick Clarijis both have options and as you said Simpson is a non roster invitee. They will all report to AAA for now but I fully expect all 3 to have a role to play this season on the big league squad. Next question. "

Charron: "Who gets the nod at second base and who is the DH? "

GM: " Thats also an easy answer. Jeffrey Cote is literally the only named 2B on the roster so he gets the gig. DH will be a combo with 1B. We have Cesar Feliciana and Manny Toledo platooning at 1B and, with the injury to Brian Flint, Carlos Arroyo returns to platoon with Fakir Tarik. Obviously subject to change but that Flint injury basically made the decision for us. When Flint returns we shall see how Arroyo is playing. If he is struggling again, he is gone. If Tarik should struggle in his new role, we will simply bring back HGH. He remains unsigned. "

Jenkins: "Llllleeeeerrrrroooooooyyyyy Jjjjjeeeennnnkkkkiiiinnnnnnssss!"

GM: " Quite right Leroy. The draft will be here soon and with that we will have our usual deep dive into the status of the entire farm system. I'd hazard a guess that for the 3rd year in a row we will have improved the system as a whole. Part of that is we haven't graduated many people but part of that is the attention to detail down there is paying off. "

Sullivan: " How do you feel the team will do this year? Is a repeat of a division championship in the cards? "

GM: " Well Miss Sullivan thats the trickiest question so far. I think if you just look on paper, we are probably 3rd in overall talent. But we weren't first last year and we won so we might just pull that off again this year. Health will be key and finding an eventual successor to Daniel Pepper at 2B will be as well. For now we will go with an outstanding glove and take whatever offense we can get but long term we need to find a bat there. Whether thats Mike Collins exceeding expectations or a trade or heck maybe somebody nearly developed falls into our lap in the draft. Who knows. For now I can say i'm confident we will win more games than we lose if we stay healthy. Now if you'll excuse me I have a conference call with the GBC team in Sydney. Turns out they need some guidance. "
GM Vancouver Mounties

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”