GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:46 pm

GM: " Ok Spring Training is right around the corner. There has been a bunch of changes to the team. Lets dig in. Questions? "

Renfork: " I knew you'd try to replace Jose Ordonez but I didn't think you'd sign this many quality pitchers. We do only have 5 spots in the rotation so how is this going to work now? "

GM: " Well first off Niles these too many guys for too few spots roster situations tend to work themselves out if you let them. Someone gets hurt. Someone loses ability. Someone takes it up a notch. These things are fluid and having extra arms never hurt anyone. We signed Mauro Rios, Zak Johnson and Rick Clarijis. We let Carlos Silva go but already replaced him with Armando Rodriguez but people seem to have forgotten that Frank Walbourne got hurt last fall. It was a nasty arm injury that forced him to miss everything from mid August onward and he has no chance of being ready anytime soon and we also don't know if there will be any lingering issues. So we made the call to replace his spot in the rotation with a vet on a one year deal. Enter Zak Johnson. Now as for replacing Ordonez we are going with a bit of an unorthodox move here. We signed SP Mauro Rios and intend to convert him to a relief pitcher. We think its going to work great. Rick Clarijis will be the long man in the pen for now but should the need arise he can slide into a rotation spot easily enough. "

Charron: " So presumably for the offense you took the route of replacing Felix Ladaga with Blaine Tyler and now intend to play glove men at 2B and SS? "

GM: " Exactly Guy. I loved that trade we made for Tyler 3 seasons ago but we didn't have the money to keep him then. We now have the money and he was back on the market so it was an easy sell. Ladaga has options so he will be around and for now yea we will go with elite defense up the middle. If a deal later on for a bat at 2B or SS should arise, maybe we will go for it. "

Jenkins: "Llllleeeeerrrrroooooooyyyyy Jjjjjeeeennnnkkkkiiiinnnnnnssss!"

GM: " Yes Leroy we should address that. We did lose 2 players in this past rule 5 draft. Philip Waymouth was taken by Chicago and Logan Hill by Boise. It wouldn't surprise me terribly if they were sent back to us though. Also a bunch of our top prospects will be spending some time with the big league club this spring training. Won't bore you with a huge list of names but some of the guys to watch out for would be Elmer Willis, Brian Flint, Eduardo Correa, Mike Collins and Bill Coniglio. Those would be guys who could see big league time soon if they had a ridiculously good camp or we get hit with some nasty injuries. "

Sullivan: " Can we expect any late free agent signings? We are just about out of cap space. "

GM: " Yes Miss Sullivan it would appear our spending spree is most likely over but that's not concrete. We have moves we could potentially make to free some space if something juicy lands in our lap. But for now i'd wager if any more moves happen they would be trades and not free agent signings. Well I'm off to man the phones. Spring training time can be rather hectic when those first batch of major injuries happen. "
GM Vancouver Mounties

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

Re: 2053.3

Post by jiminyhopkins » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:32 am

For you Millenials: Leroy Jenkins is an ancient internet meme.
GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:57 am

An absolutely glorious meme
GM Vancouver Mounties

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:03 am

God dammit Leroy….

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Post by BaseClogger » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:25 pm

jiminyhopkins wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:32 am
For you Millenials: Leroy Jenkins is an ancient internet meme.
I feel like it might even predate the term "meme", ya boomer
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”