GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:59 pm

GM: " We did it! Lost that first game of the 5 remaining but then took 3 of 4 from Valencia to take the division and earn that bye. No injuries either so at least for our first playoff game, we will be basically full strength. "

Renfork: " With the bye it looks like you will be able to setup the rotation any way you want. Any changes being made there? "

GM: " We sure can Niles and no changes will be made. The rotation will shorten by 1 so Sam Fisher will slide to the pen giving us another lefty to call upon when needed but we won't be tweaking the order of the rotation. With the bye earned we should be able to start at the top with Phil Cole and just go in our normal order. It worked all year so I don't see much sense in changing it now. "

Charron: " Daniel Pepper just put the finishing touches on his best (and perhaps final) season as a Mountie and goes into the playoffs on a hot streak. That has to bode well right? "

GM: " I guess you could say that Guy. Pepper has been lights out which makes you feel good but then you think oh no will he cool down with too much rest over the bye? No one really knows. Some people think the rest might actually hurt in the sense that it removes you from the daily routine that got you there for long enough to cause issues. Other people will tell you thats crazy and the rest will help. I guess we will find out in a bit. "

Sullivan: " Do you have a preference with who you face in the Doubleday? We held a 5-1 advantage in our six games against Twin Cities and an 11-5 advantage in our sixteen games against division rival Valencia. "

GM: " Well Miss Sullivan those certainly seem like nice numbers to have but the post season is a different animal entirely. When you only play teams for the most part 3 times in a row during the season small things can have large impacts. Its entirely possible to dodge a teams ace a few times and pad your record or face them just after a big injury shakes up their lineup. You can really get lost in the weeds if you concentrate too heavily on how you specifically matched up with a team back in May and such. We finished the final 2 months of this season by going 16-16. It proved to be enough that our early season lead held up but playing .500 ball isn't going to get you far come playoff time. We need to come out firing right away in game 1 regardless of the opponent and get off to a fast start this post season. I do not like the way we stumbled into the playoffs. Guess we will see what happens. "
GM Vancouver Mounties

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”