GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:11 am

GM: " Well its been a little while. Sorry about that. I've been a little busy getting married and stuff. Since we've last met the team has been essentially playing .500 ball. Now while that managed to not sink us and we've even just clinched a playoff berth which is great, we did also manage to let Valencia catch up and tie us for the division lead. 5 games to go with 4 of them being against Valencia. So, most likely, the winner of that series takes the Pacific. "

Renfork: " Well its not all doom and gloom. No new major injuries while you were gone and the pitching staff continues to rank extremely highly in almost all meaningful categories. "

GM: " While that is true Niles, I don't really like how we are setup going into this final stretch here. If we need to go the distance, Phil Cole is going to be pitching game 162. If we win the division its a moot point as we will snag a bye. If we lose the division though, our playoff rotation will be in a messy state. We have been kicking around the idea of calling up an extra starter and temporarily running a 6 man rotation and just resting Cole but the baseball gods are watching. Doing stuff like that tends to blow up in your face. "

Charron: " Can we talk about Daniel Pepper. The man is simply a beast. Career high in homeruns with some games left to go. It has to be pure agony to not even be able to attempt to extend him. "

GM: " Thanks Guy. As if I needed to be tortured right now. We love the guy. We will try every avenue to keep him around but the salary cap is the salary cap. Can't get around that unless it somehow gets raised. "

Sullivan: " Has to feel good to make the postseason again right? "

GM: " Of course it does Ms. Sullivan. Thats why we play this game. Playoff baseball is the best. Its been a long year but we've done a lot of good things. The farm system is massively improved, the major league team is fairly young and the only gaping hole will be the Pepper situation, and we are on pace to finish in the black as they say for the first time in awhile as well which I'm sure really has the owner stoked. He gets a little too caught up in the financial side of things but most owners do. At any rate, lets finish strong and get that bye. The rest part is nice but whats more important is it guarantees more playoff games for our wonderful fan base to enjoy. "
GM Vancouver Mounties

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”