GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:02 pm

GM: " Lets see. Since last we spoke we finished off a sweep of Twin Cities but then lost 2 of 3 to a surprisingly bad Yellow Springs team before splitting the first 2 games of our current Long Beach series. If we can win that series, I'd feel pretty good about how we navigated the last few weeks. We have a big opportunity in front of us this week to gain some real separation in the division. A bunch of games against San Fernando and Hawaii could make for a lot of W's. "

Renfork: " Einan finally looked mortal and was hit with his third loss but Cole kept chugging right along. I did notice a couple more moves were made to the pitching staff? "

GM: " Yes Niles we wanted to keep on top of things should injury strike yet again. We signed Pete Benoit to a major league minimum deal. He will report to AAA to knock some rust off and then perhaps make his way to the big league pen. We also claimed Bruno Bugbie off the waiver wire and he will slot into the pen immediately. Bob Somers who was called up in light of the Lonnie Bernard injury was returned to AAA. "

Charron: " I see you also traded away Shirai Matsumoto? "

GM: " Well Guy he was already on the waiver wire following our pickup of Wafiq Riyad. Charm City called up and asked about him. We didn't get much but getting something is always better than nothing and I'd call that a win-win because in hindsight there were a ton of claims put in on Matsumoto once he hit waivers. We wish him and Charm City nothing but the best going forward. Josh Beard is the return on that deal and while hes likely just a journeyman pitcher he will never make the leap to the majors, he can provide a bit of value to our AAA team. We've been working real hard the last few seasons to improve those minor league teams. Its been part of the agenda ever since I've returned to Vancouver and its starting to show. "

Sullivan: " The teams attendance figures are finally starting to crest that 40k mark. Its been a long time since we've seen those kind of crowds consistently. "

GM: " It sure has Ms. Sullivan. The ballpark has had an amazing atmosphere over these last few weeks and it seems to be growing. For now we need to keep that momentum up. If we can really start ratcheting that gate number up I may just yet be able to convince our dear owner to loosen up those purse strings going into next year and that will be absolutely huge. We have a chance to really make some organizational gains here. Have to keep the pedal to the floor. In light of that I'm off to keep working them phones. I'm still not totally convinced that we can stand pat at the dealine and thats suddenly only weeks aways. "
GM Vancouver Mounties

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 2052.22

Post by Jwalk100 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:31 pm

Try to pile on all the wins you can.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”