GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:33 pm

GM: " Finished off Long Beach to earn a sweep of them, took 2 of 3 from Seattle and then 3 of 4 from Sacramento. A very nice finish of the first half as the All Star break is upon us. We did indeed get 4 players as reps as we speculated last week. We even heard from the dastardly Portland GM on how he was bound and determined to not get us a 5th even if it cost us the game. What a clown. The Frick League did prevail so that was a little plus there. The team got a few days rest and now its on to the second half. We start with a bit of a lead in the division and hopefully that holds up. "

Renfork: " Einan and Cole. What else do we even need at this point? "

GM: " Thats rather short sighted Niles. Its not like those 2 can pitch every playoff game and its no secret that the back of the bullpen has been a bit shaky at times. We might even know why now. Pedro Huerta has hit the IL for a month. Who knows how long his arm has been bothering him before he told us. That would explain his abysmal performance so far. At any rate we really wanted to have a second lefty in the pen so we've called up our late bloomer Angelo Rodriguez. The scouts recently upgraded just how nasty his stuff is so lets see if it translates at the big league level. "

Charron: " Daniel Pepper is on pace for nearly 50 homeruns. Are you absolutely positive you can't extend him? He has literally become the face of the franchise. "

GM: " Yes Guy I know. We so badly want to but the owner is standing firm. He wants us to cut costs. I'm doing everything I can to keep the team near the cap but it looks like we will have to simply let him walk. "

Sullivan: " Attendance is skyrocketing right now. Perhaps by the end of the season Mr. Wookey will loosen the purse strings a bit in light of the increased revenue? "

GM: " Of course anything is possible Ms. Sullivan. It would take a championship to accomplish that I think. The extra revenue from that many playoff games might get his attention but even then we would be in a cap crunch situation. We do check in with Pepper every so often and he's standing firm on his 30 million a year over 6 years demands. We have no way we can do that. Its just not possible. "
GM Vancouver Mounties

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 2052.20

Post by Jwalk100 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:50 pm

Pepper is gonna be another one that wants 40 million.
ImageImageImageImageImage

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:46 pm

yea probably means he wont sign til late so i wont get comp. bummer
GM Vancouver Mounties

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:38 am

What leroy blow off the presser?