GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:54 pm

GM: " Another very good week. Finished off the sweep of Sacramento, which always feels nice, took 2 of 3 from Yellow Springs and took the first 2 of a 3 game set from Twin Cities. No injuries as well. Questions? "

Charron: " Well the team continues to smash homeruns at a prolific rate. Some of the guys who struggled seem to be waking up. Carlos Arroyo is anyway. Probably earned himself some more leash? "

GM: " Yes Guy he certainly did. Still not exactly what we expect from him but it is an improvement. I can't complain about the offense a lot except with some of the non regulars now. In fact we've already made a move to hopefully strengthen that a little bit. 3B Don Hattie just wasn't cutting it. He was in a platoon with rule 5 selection Felix Ladaga but not carrying his wait and we want a little more clout from the right handed side so he has been DFA'd and in his place we called up Manny Toledo. Toledo will see some time at 1B and DH specifically against any left handers facing us. "

Charron: " Why not have Toledo on the roster from the start? "

GM: " Well Guy Toledo was brought in pretty late in the offseason and didn't get much playing time in the spring. He's one of the many GBC imports our league is seeing. He was on a minor league contract with a major league clause and 30 day opt out so we let him get a solid amount of at bats in AAA and have now called him up. We like what he brings to the table and we've seen enough of Ladaga to trust 3B to him full time. Ladaga probably won't put up sexy numbers but he has legit power and plays great defense. There is value there. "

Renfork: " The starting pitching in particular is on absolute fire right now. Mahad Einan has been incredible so far and Phil Cole looks like whatever was bothering him last year is gone. "

GM: " Absolutely Niles. Walbourne, Munoz and Silva aren't exactly slouching either. Ordonez and Huerta at the back of the pen are slowly making their numbers look better as well. Paul England is really the only one struggling and he's a youngster. He will come around. "

Jenkins: "Llllleeeeerrrrroooooooyyyyy Jjjjjeeeennnnkkkkiiiinnnnnnssss!"

GM: " I knew you'd catch that Leroy. Yes we made a few moves down in the minors. The most notable being promoting last years 1st round pick Elmer Willis up to AA. Probably could have been there from the start but we wanted to let him settle in a bit more. He's really crushing the ball as he already has racked up 7 homeruns so we bumped him up a level to see how he will respond. "

Sullivan: " The schedule looks a bit easier this week on paper. How will you guard against complacency? "

GM: " Ooooo excellent question Ms. Sullivan. I'd say the way we guard against that is by doing what we just did. We are sitting at 14-4 and alone in first place in the division and we are still tinkering. It would be easy to go into a if it's not broke don't fix it mentality but that just doesn't work. We need to be constantly striving to be better while we are out front because we will certainly face some hard times this season. It won't always be this easy so we can't just sit on our hands and enjoy it. Well with that I have to excuse myself. Some more scouting reports to pour over. Draft is getting close. "
GM Vancouver Mounties

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”