GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:22 pm

GM: " Ok I'm still not really ready to dig into that epic collapse we just had. 2nd time in 3 years we've done that. So for today lets try to focus on the positives we can draw. "

Charron: " Well for starters how about leading the league in homeruns and Daniel Pepper opting in? "

GM: " Yes Guy that is excellent news for the offense. Now to clarify we were 1st in the Frick league in homers but 2nd overall behind Phoenix over in the Johnson. Offensively i think it boiled down to the fact that we needed one more big scary bat to really make some noise in the playoff race. We have cap space going into the offseason and it looks like the free agent market is loaded this year. With Pepper opting in we are now confident we can improve upon last years offensive output. "

Renfork: " Phil Cole finished the season fairly hot after being pretty miserable much of the year and Carlos Silva came back off the IL and pitched well. Frank Walbourne fell off a bit from a blazing hot start but finished a strong season and Cristo Munoz settled in for his second year in Vancouver and pitched very well. Sam Fisher did not have a good year but he was a rookie and some of the advanced stats make him at least seem passable and worth another shot. So all in all the rotation seems good to go. Bullpen will need work though. A lot of free agents to be there. "

GM: " Niles I said positive news only. We will deal with some of the sad sack pitching later on. I will agree though that if Phil Cole bounces back we are in an ok place for the rotation. The bullpen sort of let me down but this was not totally unexpected. We had some pretty stout bullpen prospects in the minors but they needed to stay there and work their way up. There should be some graduations going on over the course of the next few seasons. "

Jenkins: "Llllleeeeerrrrroooooooyyyyy Jjjjjeeeennnnkkkkiiiinnnnnnssss!"

GM: " Leroy seriously enough with the doom and gloom. I know our system ranking is very low but it was low last year too. We have actually made improvements. Its not a fast process but there is hope on the horizon. We may not have anyone wowing the scouting departments around the league but we had some pretty darn solid performances all over the place. Perhaps this time next year some of those scout ratings will be climbing and we will be in a much better position. "

Sullivan: " Honestly I'm a little surprised we had this much good to talk about. That collapse seemed to sour absolutely everything. "

GM: " Very true Ms. Sullivan. I just wanted to be upbeat a little but before we dive into what went wrong. Uggh it was so so wrong. I need a drink. "
GM Vancouver Mounties

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”