GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:20 pm

GM: " Ok folks lets make this quick. We've got one month in the books and after a horrendously slow start, we've now caught fire and sit in first place. The pitching has actually been roughed up early on and is just now starting to round into shape. The offense comes in bunches here and there but that is to be expected with a team built on the homerun ball. Questions? "

Renfork: " Carlos Silva just went down basically for the rest of the season. Who steps into his rotation spot and will this affect whether he gets an extension or not? "

GM: " Excellent questions Niles. Losing Silva hurts. He had a pretty forgettable beginning of his career in Valencia but he really settled in after we claimed him off waivers a few seasons ago and gave him a chance. As far as whether we will extend him or not, that will depend entirely on what the doctors tell us as he finishes rehab. As for who steps in? Nothing concrete yet but we are possibly considering finally calling up Sam Fisher. Hes been nothing but spectacular in the minors and has little left to prove. If we decide to keep Fisher in the minors we could possibly slot in Paul England or even Mike Charette who we also just picked up on waivers. We aren't sure yet but you'll find out soon. "

Charron: " Is there any plan to try to make the offense more consistent? "

GM: " Well Guy I mean of course we'd love to but I don't really know how we would go about doing that. We have almost zero cap flexibility right now. The new owner hasn't really opened up his wallet yet. "

Jenkins: "Llllleeeeerrrrroooooooyyyyy Jjjjjeeeennnnkkkkiiiinnnnnnssss!"

GM: " Exactly Leroy. We also don't have any top prospect hitters in the high minors. We have some interesting guys down deep but nobody who is ready to contribute at the big league level. At least not in a position that we need to upgrade anyway. So that just leaves the trade market. We will certainly be monitoring that but at this point in the season, no one has officially hit the sell button just yet. Maybe when the calendar rolls into June, we can get some traction on a deal should we need one. "

Sullivan: " I'm surprised Mr. Jenkins isn't demanding more information about the draft... "

GM: " Oh Leroy and I will go over that after the presser. He likes to go pick by pick and really sink his teeth into the future of our franchise... Wait a sec. You can understand Leroy?! I'll be damned. I thought I was the only one. You hear that Leroy?"

Jenkins: "Jjjjjeeeennnnkkkkiiiinnnnnnssss!"

GM: " Wow I don't even know what to say now. Well at any rate we will be going over the draft here shortly and I'll check in with everyone after some more of the season is in the books."
GM Vancouver Mounties

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”