GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:36 pm

GM: " Well I have to say I'm pretty surprised. I was positive the rug was going to be pulled out from under us and Madison would pass us but we did indeed clinch that final playoff spot. Our reward is to be swept by Sacramento but still we won 90 games and made the playoffs. That has to count for something. "

Sullivan: " We actually won the season series against Sacramento 9-8... "

GM: " Quite right Ms. Sullivan. We did luck into winning a single more game against them than they managed against us but make no mistake we are massive underdogs here. If you want to bandy about some numbers try the fact that Sacramento is 1st in runs scored and 2nd in runs against. We were middle of the pack in both of those measures. That's just not going to cut it. "

Renfork: " The only time we faced Sacramento at full strength was the final series of the season and we swept them. That has to be a good sign right? "

GM: " No Niles that's an awful sign. I've been doing this for a long time and I can tell you with certainty that the regular season has very little bearing on the post season. Its a different game entirely. Besides we are no longer at full strength. Lets also not forget the Luis Pena injury will loom large. Defense will be key against Sacramento and we are without our defensive ace. "

Charron: " Do you really feel it will be that one sided of an affair? Some of the bats have gotten real hot in September. Daniel Pepper is an absolute monster at the plate right now and hell even Cesar Feliciana has finally woken up and is smacking the ball out of the yard consistently. "

GM: " Well Guy those are indeed good things but will that offense hold up against the Sacramento pitching staff? That is the ultimate question. "

Jenkins: "Llllleeeeerrrrroooooooyyyyy Jjjjjeeeennnnkkkkiiiinnnnnnssss!"

GM: " Sorry Leroy. There isn't much to say about any of the youngsters. The couple we called up so we could set out pitching staff did a pretty nice job. Paul England especially had a fantastic big league debut. Hopefully that crew can take what they learned these last 2 weeks and build on it for next year. Speaking of next year, there are going to be some pretty big changes. I can't spill the beans quite yet but there will be a team announcement about ownership following the conclusion of the playoffs. Thats all I'm at liberty to say. "
GM Vancouver Mounties

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: 2050.9

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri May 06, 2022 6:50 am

Congrats you Canuck…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”