GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Mon May 02, 2022 9:15 pm

GM: " So here we are. 20 games over .500 and on the cusp of the playoffs. Prime position to get the rug pulled out from under us I'd say. And to a point its already begun. Its not an accident that the team got off to a good start, then Luis Pena got hurt and we scuffled for quite awhile. Pena came back and we took off again and sure enough now he's hurt again and I won't be surprised to see us flounder again. He really is that important. Well, any questions? "

Renfork: " You really think Pena's absence will derail the team to that extent? "

GM: " Yes I do. I mean we all know he isn't going to win any offensive awards but the man isn't a blackhole at the plate. Now pair that with his otherworldly defense at SS? He elevates the entire pitching staff every game he is out there. He will be sorely missed. And lets not forget that Andrew Wright is just getting back from his injury. If he is rusty, we could be sunk before we even have a chance to get rolling again. "

Renfork: " Doom and gloom aside, I couldn't help but notice some callups this past week? "

GM: " Good eye Niles. With the season winding down and injuries already being a problem, we called up a few guys for these last few games to both get their feet wet and to let the regulars rest more. Lonnie Bernard, Paul England, and Nasih bin Amid are both getting kind of close and they already were on the 40 man so why not. It won't be long enough to burn their rookie status and a week with the big league coaches is always a plus. "

Charron: " I also noticed that Rashid bin Mujahid was also on that call up list and it coincides with the injury to Koi Nualitea. Is there a chance he is slotted to be on the post season roster? "

GM: " Anything is possible. Come playoff time a team doesn't need as many pitchers as it does during the grind of the season so a few extra bats can be nice. We will see what the coaches say as the season draws to a close. David Graham is at this point almost a lock for when we drop an extra arm for a bat but we shall see. "

Jenkins: "Llllleeeeerrrrroooooooyyyyy Jjjjjeeeennnnkkkkiiiinnnnnnssss!"

GM: " Right you are Leroy. Its always a bit sad when all the minor league seasons wrap up and the guys go home for the winter. We haven't finished with our full scouting wrap up but there were a few guys who turned some heads this year. We will get into that at a later press conference. "

Sullivan: " Any word from the owner on the financial side of things? The team is still projected to lose money and that is the exact opposite of what was expected this season. "

GM: " Yes Ms. Sullivan, I'm aware. If things work out and we finish strong and punch a playoff ticket, those projections will change. I have not heard a word about this matter from the top brass. Actually I haven't heard anything from them for quite awhile. I'll have to wrap this up. I have some phone calls to make. Maybe a wellness check to schedule... "
GM Vancouver Mounties

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”