GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:08 pm

GM: "Ok I've had a few drinks. I'm ready. Lets discuss the offense. GO! "

Charron: " Well lets see. Wilson Andrade outdid the rest of team combined. He had slightly over 5 war and the entire rest of the team combined for slightly under 5 war. Way too many negative contributions. What are you going to do about it? "

GM: " Yea Guy. We are thrilled with how Andrade did. And its not like he had no help at all. Richard Drouin did at least an ok job over at 3B. He had to learn on the fly over the course of the season so his defense screwed with his stats more than you'd expect but he did ok with the bat. Jose Nunez in RF was a nice surprise. And John Hopkins had a great rookie season...."

Jenkins: "Llllleeeeerrrrroooooooyyyyy Jjjjjeeeennnnkkkkiiiinnnnnnssss!"

GM: " You know Leroy we generally only hear from you about positive things involving the youngsters but you are right. Mike Brodt and Davenport Hinkle really struggled. Now the scouts did say we were probably calling them up too soon but, especially in Brodt's case, we couldn't wait any longer. Its time to find out if they are true big leaguers. They'll get all of next season too but I won't lie, we are a bit nervous. Carlos Arroyo probably makes us the most nervous. He really looked lost up there. But hes young so we will give him time. "

Charron: " What about Francisco Martinez? How do you explain that? "

GM: " Come on Guy. No one saw that coming. He can't explain it and we can't explain it. The hope is, it's just a weird year and he will bounce back next year. I mean if that happens, Andrade stays, Pena is still a beast at SS, Hopkins cements himself in the outfield even more, and the rookies that struggled take a step forward? We could be a decent offense and thats all we need with the pitching we have."

Sullivan: " That was a lot of if's..."

GM: " Yes Ms. Sullivan. It sure is. And because of that we have to play it by ear. We have to keep tabs on the free agent market and the trade market. We shall see if something pops up. "

Renfork: " Don't trade away all the pitching for offense. Thats a bad idea."

GM: " Thats my job not yours Niles. If it makes sense we will move some pitching. But I do agree with your general sentiment. The pitching will carry this team so we can't weaken it too much. "
GM Vancouver Mounties

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”