GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:19 pm

GM: "Welcome back everyone. I know its been awhile but I've been very busy so let me just lay a couple things out there and then we will go to questions. Now as you know I took over the team last season and throughout that season made a flurry of changes. There was probably a bit of confusion as some moves seemed like sells and other like buys which seems inconsistent but I assure you I had a plan throughout and I think we may have finally turned the corner. Talent wise I think the team stayed about the same after all those moves but we made massive gains in 2 or 3 departments depending on how you look at it. We massively overhauled the pitching staff and I think its showing. We have some real studs in the rotation now and they are delivering. Another area we addressed was the farm system. The cupboards weren't bare by any means when i came in but the prospects that we had didn't line up with the team I envisioned. I think that's changed. A few of the more heralded prospects have graduated into the big league team but there is a slew of youngsters that management is very optimistic about. And to go along with that, the 3rd major department we improved in was age. The best players on the team upon my arrival were all north of 30 or very close to it. Now we have a very young team and the trade we pulled off today drops a bit of veteran know how into the mix. Quinton Lara will link back up with one of his former teammates in Wilson Andrade who himself has resurrected his production since we rescued him from Portland last season. Ok that was rather long winded but lets just say we are very excited with how the team is shaping up and we just might make some noise yet this season. Questions? "

Sullivan: "Do you really believe Lara is worth that contract?"

GM: "Yes Ms. Sullivan I do. Like I said we have one former Charm City star who has already resurrected himself here, I think Lara can do the same. And besides both us and Lara have outs on that deal as early as next season and we didn't give up a lot to get him in the first place. Its not going to be a problem."

Charron: "The last time we heard from you was literally last year just after acquiring Andrade. Are you going to disappear if the club flounders again?"

GM: "Relax guy. I've simply been very busy. And I don't agree that the team performed all that bad last season after all the trades settled. We spent the rest of that season training some guys new positions on the fly and that doesn't bode well for defense while they learn. The cross training is finally complete and now we have a lot of flexibility to withstand injuries all over the diamond. I really like where we are now that we have dropped Lara into the mix. On top of that he will make a fine mentor for Davenport Hinkle. That guy is our future and sometimes you have to invest in some solid pro ballplayers to teach the youngsters. "

Renfork: "Thats all well and good but what about the bullpen? I absolutely agree that the rotation is in a massively better place than prior seasons but our bullpen was top notch last season and this season has been far worse."

GM: "Right you are Niles. We brought in and paid some real veteran studs last season to lead that pen and this year we simply couldn't. We weren't completely up against the cap but we highly valued having a little bit of free space to make some moves mid season. And I believe that patience has now been rewarded with the addition of Lara. If we resign all the pen guys we lost, that move can't happen. "

Jenkins: "Llllleeeeerrrrroooooooyyyyy Jjjjjeeeennnnkkkkiiiinnnnnnssss!"

GM: " Absolutely right Leroy. We do have some youngsters making some noise in the minors that could very well find their way into the pen and stabilize it. Carlton Hurt has been a beast so far and might get the call. Don Castor as well. Both of those guys are starters but we might just break them in with bullpen work. That should serve the purpose of solidifying the pen and getting them acclimated to the big leagues. 2 birds 1 stone. I think that's enough for today. "
GM Vancouver Mounties

7teen
BBA GM

Re: 2049.1

Post by 7teen » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:04 am

Always nice to see a player struggle on my team go away and have a recovery.... NOT!
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50