GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:33 pm

GM: "3-4 for what feels like the 100th week in a row? I mean again it could be worse but still we are slowly sinking into the cellar. I'm not sure what else to say right now, questions? "

Renfork: " Gerardo Lopez and Miguel Ayala have really been struggling. The rest of the pitching is doing fine but those 2 are causing issues. How will you fix that?"

GM: "Good question Niles. Ayala is a real pro. He's been with the team for a long time so we will respect that and his leash will be longer. We will let him work through whatever is going on right now. Lopez on the other hand doesn't get that benefit. We've talked before about trying to find a way to get Jose Barron up and getting his big league career started. This is our chance. Lopez will report to AAA Victoria to hopefully get his head right. "

Charron: "Pete Brace is back from the IL. Is he coming straight back to the team?"

GM: " Yes Guy. All things considered Francisco Martinez did a great job at 2B but Pete is a much better defender. Still with Martinez' bat being so hot we are going to give him the full time spot at 1B again. Ricardo Yanez and Eduardo Garcia will now enter a platoon at DH. Both of those guys are off to slow starts although they have been warming a bit lately. Jeffrey Smith on the other hand is completely ice cold. He's earned himself a bit of a leash but its getting tighter by the day. There have been trade talks discussed and even buyouts mentioned. That situation bears watching. "

Sullivan: "3 out of 4 lost to San Fernando? Are you kidding me?!"

GM: "I have no excuses Ms. Sullivan. It was a real bad series. We did notch that series victory against Valencia and have the chance to also do that to Long Beach but it was real tough watching us lose that 4 game series. Hopefully we can make that up later but it sure does leave a bad taste in my mouth. We get Louisville and Madison after the final Long Beach game. Lets hope we make up some ground here. "
GM Vancouver Mounties

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Re: 2048.8

Post by Lane » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:30 am

looking forward to 2048.9 wherein GM has to explain losing the series to LBC
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

bschr682