GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:00 am

GM: "Well another .500 level week is in the books. We had one real bad game against those San Fernando punks but we followed that up with a series victory against Hawaii so as a whole I don't think we can complain too much. No major injuries anywhere in the organization and just some solid baseball all around. Not much else to say. Questions?"

Jenkins: "Jjjeeeennnnkkkkiiiinnnnsss?"

GM: "Ah yes Leroy. I should definitely mention some of the particulars in the minors. Thanks for the reminder. Jose Barron has been promoted to AAA. His stop in AA was meant to be brief and to hopefully catapult that team off to a good start so that some of our best prospects would be in a winning environment. Mike Brodt in particular but also Davenport Hinkle are off to tremendous starts now in AA and the team is cruising with an 8-4 record so Barron can now get back to AAA and wait for his call to the big leagues. It won't be long. We've taken this opportunity to also try to get some cross positional training going on throughout the minors. Its been quite successful so far and we like the flexibility it brings. Leroy one name to keep tabs on, Palmer Eveland. Scouts aren't in love with him yet but I am. Lets keep watching him. "

Renfork: "If Barron comes up, who moves out of the rotation? Surely you wouldn't just put him in the bullpen?"

GM: "Well I'm not entirely certain about that Niles. If we look at the rotation right now, you could say odd man out would be Miguel Ayala. He's the oldest of the bunch and has the worst stats. But that's not the whole story. His contract is incredible and he's been a fixture in the rotation since 2041. Do we really want to get rid of that consistency? As far as the bullpen idea, I'm actually quite open to that. Shorter bursts of exposure to talented big league hitters seems like a good way for youngsters to get their feet wet. So for now its at least another week in the minors for Barron til we figure this out. "

Charron: "Looks like most of the out of option guys made it to the minors successfully. Any ideas as to when we will see some of these guys again?"

GM: "Good eye Guy. Alexandre Larga, Liben Fathi, Keith Sanchez, and Mitchel Cashmore all cleared waivers and have been assigned to AAA. As far as who comes back the quickest, I'd put my money on Keith Sanchez. His defense is elite and we all know how fragile Declan Hounsell can be. Overall we are very pleased to keep these guys in the organization for another year. Raul Garcia and Ricardo Galindo are close as well. If we manage to keep them too, I'll be thrilled."

Sullivan: "The team notched its first series win against perennial contenders Hawaii. How did that feel?"

GM: "It was a very good feeling Ms. Sullivan. A lot has been made of the supposed downfall of Hawaii this season. It has merit for sure, as they have lost some serious talent but their roster is still chock full of talent. Perhaps towards the end of the year their roster will have had a makeover but right now that's still a talented team and to get 2 wins out of that 3 game series was very important. We have the opportunity to do that again against the clowns from Sacramento tonight and then we have Yellow Springs and Twin Cities. Playing .500 ball isn't bad. This is the big leagues of course but its important to build at least a little bit of early momentum. I'd like to be standing up here next week talking about multiple series wins. Gotta run for now. Something about boxes."
GM Vancouver Mounties

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 2048.5

Post by Jwalk100 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:55 pm

Clowns, LOL
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”