TVT 2047.2 - Back to School

GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

StormZ_23
Ex-GM

TVT 2047.2 - Back to School

Post by StormZ_23 » Sat May 22, 2021 8:26 pm

Everyone loves pitchers, right? Well judging by the contracts everyone gives free agent pitchers, it's fair to make that assumption. Since everyone likes to throw money that the Mounties don't feel comfortable spending, the Mounties are stuck with having to develop young pitchers. Unfortunately, for the past decade this hasn't worked for one reason or another. Look at the careers of Richie Vanness and Daniel Avila. But, the Mounties have quite a few young pitchers that will be making their debuts very soon. One of the most hyped up prospects is still a few years away, but he has been part of the organization for many years. This player is Nasir al Din bin Sahir. Sahir just pitched his first professional season, likely earning a promotion for his age 20 season. However, there is one thing that will determine whether Sahir stays a starting pitcher or becomes a reliever: the development of the changeup. So, how can the Mounties organization ensure that Sahir develops this pitch? Well, they sent him back to school.

Luckily in Sahir's home city of Alexandria in Egypt, there is a rising baseball community. So, the Mounties sent him to a baseball school in Alexandria. There he learned the many techniques of the changeup.

Sahir said "I have learned a lot this off-season. Last year was good, but I know I will be facing better competition soon. I think I can turn this changeup into a reliable pitch. I just got to keep working."

Coaches have raved about Sahir's work ethic, so at the end of the day he just needed to attain more knowledge on the changeup. All we can say is if Sahir can develop this pitch, his floor is a mid-rotation starter. If he never develops the pitch, he will likely become a reliever. We will just have to wait and see. Good Luck Sahir, we are all rooting for you.
Taylor Bettencourt
Vancouver Mounties GM (2036 - Present)

2041 Frick League GM of the Year
2041 FL Pacific Champions

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: TVT 2047.2 - Back to School

Post by Dington » Sat May 22, 2021 9:27 pm

Needs a couple of his pitches to develop, but talented nonetheless.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”