TVT 2046.2 - International Callup; New Bench Coach

GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

StormZ_23
Ex-GM

TVT 2046.2 - International Callup; New Bench Coach

Post by StormZ_23 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:45 am

We all love prospects right? I think baseball fans can agree on that, especially if the player is a top 100 prospect. The Mounties have plenty of those according to the year end top 100 list. Most of these players had great seasons in the minor leagues and are continuing to show strides towards becoming the big league players they can be. However, there is one player that spent his 2045 season in the international complex. This player was just recently called up to the Laramie Wranglers in the rookie league. This player is top 50 prospect Nasir al Din bin Sahir. I'm not sure what his surname would be, so I'm going to call him bin Sahir.

At the beginning of the 2044 season, bin Sahir was signed out of Egypt at the age of 16. How the Mounties scouting team found this guy is anyone's guess. What matters is that he is a top 50 prospect at just the age of 18. He will be 19 when he makes his professional debut, but he has made many strides at a young age. Coaches have raved about his work ethic and quest to get better as a player. He projects to have 3 plus pitches: a fastball, slider, and changeup. The problem is that while the changeup has shown flashes of brilliance, he still hasn't found the right grip. If he develops that changeup, this is a player with mid-rotation as his floor.

In other news, the Mounties signed a new bench coach. They signed New Yorker Don Grady. The Mounties seem to have a knack for hiring unproven BBA guys for their coaching roles. Well, Grady has had experience in independent leagues. Players have raved about his work ethic and training tactics. However, something that the front office probably liked is the fact that Grady can be a hothead at times, a 180 from manager Mike Martinez. We'll find out this upcoming season if this duo can succeed in the BBA.
Taylor Bettencourt
Vancouver Mounties GM (2036 - Present)

2041 Frick League GM of the Year
2041 FL Pacific Champions

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”