TVT 2044.13 - Old Man Noboru Wins POTW

GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

StormZ_23
Ex-GM

TVT 2044.13 - Old Man Noboru Wins POTW

Post by StormZ_23 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:23 pm

The Mounties offense has been on fire to start off the season. They actually look like the 2041 Mounties. The difference is that the Pacific is much better now than it was in 2041. Still, the Mounties have been performing really well offensively. One notable player has been 33 year old David Noboru. The third baseman was recently awarded with the FL player of the week award for his incredible offensive streak as of late. Here's a look at Noboru's stats over the past week:

AB: 22
AVG: .545
OPS: 1.782
HR: 4
RBI: 5

I'd say that's pretty good. Strikeouts will continue to be an issue for Noboru and there is no way he continues on this offensive streak for much longer. However, Noboru was traded to the Mounties as a way to match salaries with the Charlotte Cougars in the Rashardo Menne III deal. For a guy considered to be washed up, he's performing better than expected. Here is what Noboru had to say at a recent press conference, "I have one of the largest salaries in the league. I earned that contract. However, that doesn't mean I can just sit around and collect a paycheck. I'm here in Vancouver to be the starting third baseman and hit in the middle of the order. The least I can do is put in the work for the fans and my teammates."

If Noboru can continue where he left off last season, he will continue to have a deserved spot in the Mounties lineup.
Taylor Bettencourt
Vancouver Mounties GM (2036 - Present)

2041 Frick League GM of the Year
2041 FL Pacific Champions

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: TVT 2044.13 - Old Man Noboru Wins POTW

Post by RonCo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:40 am

Nice to see the guy has something left.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster