TVT 2044.5 - Parkinson is Ready For His Chance

GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

StormZ_23
Ex-GM

TVT 2044.5 - Parkinson is Ready For His Chance

Post by StormZ_23 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:20 pm

In an article yesterday, we reported on the Mounties trading Masaki Sato to the Edmonton Jackrabbits. Sato is a great hitter against RHP, but he has always been inconsistent against LHP. So, this position is going to need to be filled. Luckily, this position can be filled immediately. The Mounties top prospect Brad Parkinson is ready for the challenge. In fact, in a recent interview, Parkinson said "I have done everything in the minor leagues to prove that I belong in the BBA. I'm ready to take that next step." Let's take a look at his story.

Parkinson was drafted in the 1st round of the 2039 draft by the Valencia Stars. In 2041, he was traded by the Stars to the Charlotte Cougars for Jafar Haamid. Then in 2042, Parkinson was traded in a mega deal that sent Rashardo Menne III and Aaron Stone to the Cougars. One of Parkinson's negatives listed in his early scouting reports was his lack of drive. However, when he was traded to Vancouver, the coaches in AA instilled a work ethic into Parkinson. He took this into his 2043 season where he won the AAA Steve Garvey Jr. Batter Award and the Platinum Stick Award at center field. Although, don't look for him to stick at center field in the majors. He could hold his own in left field, but he is better suited as a first basemen or designated hitter.

Parkinson is currently ranked as the #16 prospect in the BBA. He hasn't quite fully realized his 40 home run potential, but he is definitely ready for a shot in the majors. Could he win the Newcomer of the Year Award? It's certainly possible but he will be facing some stiff competition. But if we have learned anything from this article, it's that Parkinson is ready for the challenge.
Taylor Bettencourt
Vancouver Mounties GM (2036 - Present)

2041 Frick League GM of the Year
2041 FL Pacific Champions

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: TVT 2044.5 - Parkinson is Ready For His Chance

Post by jleddy » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:04 pm

It'll be interesting to see how he shakes out.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”