r/VANMounties: Potential Scandal (2043.10)

GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

StormZ_23
Ex-GM

r/VANMounties: Potential Scandal (2043.10)

Post by StormZ_23 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:33 pm

r/VANMounties · Posted by u/arealperson604 3 hours ago Image Image

Did I Uncover Something Scandalous?
In my last post, I continued my dive into the recent leaks of confidential Mounties documents from their front office. I proposed a theory at the end of my post saying that the Mounties may have leaked the documents themselves and blamed it on the Lumberjacks. There were many comments on the post talking about the validity of this theory. No one could really prove nor disprove the validity of my theory. So, today I want to propose possible reasons as to why the Mounties would leak the documents themselves.

1. To Frame the Lumberjacks: The Mounties and Lumberjacks have been in a heated rivalry since the Lumberjacks were created. Neither team respects the other. It's possible that the Mounties are trying to frame the Lumberjacks as the villain in a scandal in order to jeopardize their future.

2. To Entertain the Fans: As we have seen through these documents, the Mounties are struggling to capture the attention of their fans. Their "fan interest" is most likely the worst in the league. This is only speculation as we do not know the "fan interest" rankings of every other team in the league. However, knowing that the Mounties are always among the bottom of the league in total attendance, it's not unfair to say that the team just wanted to create drama in order to bring in some fans.

3. To Start Talks of Relocation: The rumors started when these documents came out before spring training. This point connects with the previous point. The team is struggling to attract fans. They struggled to attract fans during their 97 win season in 2041. They ranked among the bottom third in the league in total attendance at the end of that season. Now, as the team dropped off last season, the fans are turned off more than ever, which really shows the lack of loyalty from the fan base. If the team did leak their own documents, they possibly wanted to show their fans how dire the situation is. They want to give the fans a chance to save the franchise.

These are my theories as to why the Mounties may have leaked the documents themselves. Did they actually leak the documents? I don't know, although I feel all of these reasons are very valid reasons as to why they would. If I find anything else in these documents, I will share my findings soon.

413 Comments · Give Award · Share · Save · Hide · Report

TheGreatGuy 415points · 3 hours ago
All of this makes sense. You're becoming a legend on this subreddit.

----arealperson604 301 points · 3 hours ago
----Lol I just think this situation is so interesting, it kind of makes me want to watch a Mounties/Lumberjacks game.

MrRobotFan59 278 points · 3 hours ago
I saw this comment in your post, I really wonder how the league office will respond to this.

----arealperson604 213 points · 3 hours ago
----I think all we can do is speculate at this point. If the team does want to relocate, I wonder if the league would block it.

ColorfulWhale 199 points · 3 hours ago
I really hope the team doesn't leave. Although, if the team does take the blame for leaking their own documents, I would almost want them to leave. I kind of hope it was Portland that leaked them.

----arealperson604 153 points · 3 hours ago
----Completely agree. The only time I have ever wanted to see Portland do something at the detriment of the Mounties lol.

TikTokGodv2 -153 points · 3 hours ago
Haha I'm back, you guys couldn't keep me away!

----arealperson604 210 points · 3 hours ago
----You are just the worst.
Taylor Bettencourt
Vancouver Mounties GM (2036 - Present)

2041 Frick League GM of the Year
2041 FL Pacific Champions

7teen
BBA GM

Re: r/VANMounties: Potential Scandal (2043.10)

Post by 7teen » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:48 am

PaulBunyun17 001 Points - 3 Hours
How come my posts keep getting deleted from this thread? Big Tech conspiracy!? Did anyone notice Portland drew 155,000 fans for their four game series with Vancouver? That franchise is doing something right, regardless of who leaked the documents!
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: r/VANMounties: Potential Scandal (2043.10)

Post by jleddy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:48 pm

Reddit is the worst. (This news is the best, however.)
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”