TVT 2040.5 - Some Preseason Predictions

GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

StormZ_23
Ex-GM

TVT 2040.5 - Some Preseason Predictions

Post by StormZ_23 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:02 pm

One of the most fun parts of the off-season is to predict how the teams in the league will play throughout the season. Well, there have been many predictions about the Vancouver Mounties this season. The Mounties are one of the most intriguing teams entering this season. The offense is being infused with youth, so there is no telling how well this team will play throughout the season, especially in this new division. So, let's look at the different sets of preseason predictions about the Vancouver Mounties.

Spring Training Prediction (93-69)
This is the most optimistic prediction on this list. All I have to say is that there is no way that this happens. I think the interesting part about this prediction is that no Mounties player is listed on the top leaderboards. So, no player would have a good enough season to be listed on the leaderboards, but the team wins over 90 games. I don't buy this one, hopefully in a couple seasons.

2040 Vancouver Mounties Preview by Randy Weigand (80-82)
I like to think of this prediction as the optimistic yet realistic prediction. Randy did a great job on this preview. He highlighted the improving, young offense as well as the middle of the road pitching. The division heavy scheduling will severely affect how well the Mounties do this season. If we finish just under .500, I will be happy.

2040 Media Guide (68-94)
I call this one the pessimistic yet realistic prediction. Man, if I finish the season with under 70 wins, I will not be too happy. However, if the young offense plays well and the losses are due to my pitching, then I will understand. However, if my offense underperforms, then there will be a big problem to address this off-season. Great job by Aaron on the Frick League predictions though. Shout out to everyone who worked on the media guide for this season.

Sim #1 Predictions (87-75)
This is actually my favorite prediction of the bunch. The 93 win prediction is nice, but this one actually shows two Mounties players on the leaderboards. It looks like this prediction has me facing the Long Beach Surfers in a tiebreaker game for the 4th wild card spot. That would be a very fun game. This prediction makes me happy, which means it has no chance of happening.

My prediction: If I hit 80 wins, I would be ecstatic. But, this new division has given my pitching staff some inflated ERAs to start the season. Under 90 losses and I am happy. (75-87)

The rebuild continues. Thanks for reading!
Taylor Bettencourt
Vancouver Mounties GM (2036 - Present)

2041 Frick League GM of the Year
2041 FL Pacific Champions

crobillard
Ex-GM

Re: TVT 2040.5 - Some Preseason Predictions

Post by crobillard » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:16 pm

That spring training prediction isn't far away even if it's not this year.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: TVT 2040.5 - Some Preseason Predictions

Post by RonCo » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:16 am

The mounties are one of the more interesting teams in the league right now.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”