Is Guerrero an All Star? (2035 #14)

Post by scottsdale_joe » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:54 am

Is Juan Guerrero an All Star?
Tough Home Stand Coming Up
by Caitlen Sullivan
Vancouver Sun Sports Reporter
June 16, 2035

The Week in Review

Great week for Juan Guerrero who won his seventh and eighth games. First was an eight-inning three-hit masterpiece over Des Moines at Northwoods Outpost; he followed that with a seven-hit complete game shutout of the Kernels in their ballpark. Has Juan reached All Star status? He stands at 8-3 with an ERA of 2.67 and a WHIP of 1.13.

Great week for Rashardo Menne III: eight for fifteen with a triple, a home run, and two stolen bases. Read his player profile here.

June 9th: Beat Des Moines 3-2 at home to take the series three games to one. Juan Guerrero pitched eight innings of three-hit ball to win his fourth straight. Rodrigo Lugo got the save. Rashardo Menne III had three hits and scored three times.

June 10th: Twin Cities was too much for Dermot Halford who was rocked for seven runs in four innings. Troy Downey pitched four nice innings in relief and could get another shot in the rotation soon. The Mounties managed only seven hits, one of which was a home run by Guy Webb

June 11th: Once again the TC bats were too much for the Vancouver staff including starter Manuel Solíz. The Mounties actually led 3-1 after three innings but it was downhill fast after that. Scott Harper hit his 18th home run.

June 12th: José Zamora was brilliant, allowing just four hits, and he got help in the ninth from Rodrigo Lugo as the Mounties prevailed 2-0. Rashardo Menne III led off the game with a solo home run that turned out to be the game winner.

June 13th: The River Monsters pecked away at José Morales who pitched a complete game but lost 5-1. The only Vancouver run came on a first inning home run by Gebre-Egziabher Mwaka. his 11th. He is quietly having a nice season.

June 14th: It was Juan Guerrero again with a seven-hit shutout to beat Des Moines 5-0. Zi-jing Lou, Pablo Soto, and Ki-seop Park each had two hits and Valentín Colón hit a home run.

June 15th: Vancouver could only muster three hits and Des Moines prevailed 3-0. The Kernels scored all three of their runs in the first inning off Dermot Halford who pitched very well after that disastrous beginning.

Visit the Mounties Hall of Fame Web Site

indiansfan
BBA GM

Re: Is Guerrero an All Star? (2035 #14)

Post by indiansfan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:22 pm

Tough year for him, there are a bunch of SP having good years in the Frick. He deserves serious consideration.
Kevin

Calgary Pioneers 2004-
BBA Landis Champs 2018, 21
FL Champs 2018, 21, 39
FL Pacific Champs: 2016, 19, 21, 34
FL Frontier Champs 2039
FL WC 2018, 26-29, 31-32, 35
JL WC 2040, 41, 44
FL MOY 2019, 34
JL MOY 2044

ae37jr
BBA GM

Re: Is Guerrero an All Star? (2035 #14)

Post by ae37jr » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:36 pm

I think it comes down to what position is needed on the all star roster. Vancouver has a lot of players having decent seasons but nobody is really tearing it up. I feel like only one guy will represent your team. It could be Guerrero, Harper, Park, or Lugo. Other teams with just one rep might have a clear cut all star. If I was picking the team, I'd probably save the Vancouver rep till the end and base it on how the rest of the roster pans out. He's having a solid year though and is a guy I'd want on my team.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”