GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:27 am

GM: " Alright lets take a look at this draft outcome. I'm sure you all have the names and some basic bio info so are there any questions? "

Jenkins: "Llllleeeeerrrrroooooooyyyyy Jjjjjeeeennnnkkkkiiiinnnnnnssss!"

GM: " Calm down Leroy. We already went line by line before the presser. I know you are excited for the new guys. "

Renfork: " Jim Ferguson in round 4 and Gannon Steele in round 18. Those were the only 2 pitchers drafted. Why is that? "

GM: " Well Niles the answer to that is negligence. And I don't mean that we forgot to draft more pitchers. I mean we accidentally drafted those 2. Look its no secret that the league is just crawling with pitching talent these days. Meanwhile decent bats at certain positions are very tough to find. So we decided the simplest approach would be to just draft all bats and see who surprises us. "

Charron: " Thats it? Thats the strategy? "

GM: " Sure is Guy. The draft wasn't loaded with top end talent so its ripe for a lot of hidden gems. If we draft 20 bats maybe we up our chances at grabbing hold of one of those. So who knows? Maybe Hector Concepcion will turn out better than he looks right now? Maybe Elmer Willis will live up to being a 1st round pick? Or maybe Richard Grant grows into being the heir apparent to Daniel Pepper. We shall see. "

Sullivan: " Thats just crazy enough it might work. "

GM: " Exactly Ms. Sullivan. I'm glad we are all on the same page. "
GM Vancouver Mounties

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”