GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:18 pm

GM: " Alright thanks for being here everyone. I know this is a bit of an unusual time to hold a press conference since the league calendar hasn't even really ticked over into the offseason but I have some very unfortunate news to share and it just couldn't wait. The situation isn't exactly new but we were forced to keep quiet until all the paperwork could be wrapped up. Chris Fraser has passed and the team was quickly sold to its new owner Shane Wookey Jr. "

Sullivan: " I had a feeling something was going on with the owner. You had been dodging questions about him all last season. "

GM: " Sharp as usual Ms. Sullivan. Yes Mr. Fraser had been in declining health for awhile but he had recently taken a turn for the better. The doctors were pretty sure he was going to make a full recovery when he unexpectedly passed. His official cause of death hasn't been released yet but it would seem that it was a heart attack. Or maybe more accurately, he died from a broken heart... "

Renfork: " Wait, what? Are you implying he died because the Mounties were bounced from the playoffs?! "

GM: " Close but no cigar Niles. I don't have any direct evidence so I can't make a full accusation but I am speculating that his death wasn't an accident. You could even go so far as to say he was murdered! "

Charron: " Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down. Murdered? You just said it was a hear attack? "

GM: " Come on Guy wake up. We all know that even though Mr. Fraser was a penny pincher he loved this team dearly and wanted to compete. You could say that the season we just finished almost cured him of his hear troubles until... "

Jenkins: "Llllleeeeerrrrroooooooyyyyy Jjjjjeeeennnnkkkkiiiinnnnnnssss!"

GM: " Exactly Leroy! HGH should be arrested and charged with murder. Those homeruns he hit were such an affront to Mr. Fraser that his heart broke and he lost his will to live. I daresay that rather unscrupulous GM running the show in Sacramento could be charged as an accomplice. But again this is just speculation. "

Sullivan: " Ok so moving past that, who is this new owner and what is he like? "

GM: " I'm glad you asked Ms. Sullivan. It was a rather quick turnaround and honestly I suspect this process started before Mr. Fraser's untimely passing but the new owner of the Vancouver Mounties is none other than Vancouver legend Shane Wookey's son. Jr. never really had a chance to play pro ball as he just wasn't nearly as athletic as his father but he knows baseball inside and out. I mean the man was literally conceived the night the Mounties last won the Brewster. If that doesn't put Mountie greatness in your blood, I don't know what will. He has personally assured me that his goal is to spend whatever it takes to get Vancouver back to the top. These are exciting times people! Go Mounties! "
GM Vancouver Mounties

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: 2051.1

Post by CTBrewCrew » Tue May 17, 2022 7:07 am

The league will be sending over our special investigator assign to the case…

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Tue May 17, 2022 4:11 pm

Rest of the Frick League owners better go into hiding. Suspicious shit going on.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Tue May 17, 2022 5:28 pm

And as usual @shoeless.db is behind it…
GM Vancouver Mounties

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Post by shoeless.db » Tue May 17, 2022 9:18 pm

These accusations are baseless (just like Vancouver’s offense in the playoffs …).
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”