GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:31 pm

GM: "I really didn't want to go 3-4 again this week and we didn't. Unfortunately that was because we went 2-4. This will have to be brief or I'll lose my mind up here. Questions? "

Renfork: " Your grand plan for Jose Barron's debut failed miserably. What now? "

GM: "I dunno Niles, are you suggesting we send him straight back down after one bad start? Give the kid a break. It was his big league debut. Clearly his nerves got to him a bit. We plan to let him settle in a bit before making any rash judgements. Shinsaku Ine got roughed up a bit but other than that the pitching held up ok I guess. We had some big games where the pitching was great and we scored a ton and then games where the exact opposite happened. We need some consistency here. "

Charron: "Ricardo Yanez had an amazing 3 homer game back on the 10th. Any plans to move him back to first base permanently? "

GM: " Sorry Guy not really. Yanez indeed had a great game and we think he's finally breaking out like the scouts said he would. So for now we are going to leave things as is. He is already the heavy half of the DH platoon. If he keeps it up though we will have to think about how to keep him in the lineup every day. Fernando Castillo also deserves mentioning but that shouldn't really be news to anyone. He's been a consistent, dangerous bat for years. And of course Jeffrey Smith continues to struggle. He's been the subject of trade talks at this point and his leash is rapidly running out. Some of his playing time is being dished out to some of the other outfielders. I'm sure this will upset Jeff but hopefully that lights a fire under his ass and he starts performing. "

Jenkins: "Llllleeeeerrrrroooooooyyyyy Jjjjjeeeennnnkkkkiiiinnnnnnssss!"

GM: " You are correct Leroy. There was some movement down in the minors. Davenport Hinkle and Mike Brodt have both impressed at AA enough that they have been promoted to AAA. Speaking of AAA, Hani Goddard continues to impress down there. A real strikeout machine. John Hopkins was promoted to AA to help fill the offensive void left by Brodt and Hinkle leaving. Hopkins is really starting to impress the coaches down there so that's a name for you to keep tabs on. Down in A ball, Nasir Sahir and Palmer Eveland have formed a great 1-2 punch in the rotation. Scouts rave about Sahir in particular. All in all Leroy, there are very good things happening in the minors. Thanks for reminding me."

Sullivan: "Long Beach took that series. That's a major disappointment. A monster 4 game set with Sacramento looms. Thoughts? "

GM: "Right you are Ms. Sullivan. It really stung to lose that series but we will get them next time. And yes the big series with Sacramento is coming up. We won our previous series with them but that's no guarantee of success going forward. I guess we shall see what happens. "
GM Vancouver Mounties

7teen
BBA GM

Re: 2048.9

Post by 7teen » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:12 pm

Don't fret, Brett. You have a series of 4 coming up with Portland in the Sunday sim. You'll right the ship then. :coffee:
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50