A Sky Full Of Stars Issue 2

GM: Morris Ragland

Moderator: mragland

Clayman
Ex-GM

A Sky Full Of Stars Issue 2

Post by Clayman » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:00 am

team_banner.png

I sat down with GM Neil Thomas and asked him why the changes, what was the tie in with the space theme, how did he feel his first few months had gone.

The Changes.

"There was a deep rooted disease, cancer if you would within the organisation. I felt it as soon as I walked into the ballpark, there were no players around, the season had finished. However talking to some of the Valencia employees, you got the feeling the 2044 season had finished around the All Star break for some of the players.

I've stated before I had no intention leaving Beirut, when I did decided to take the job with Valencia I sat down with Paul McFarquhar Jr, we both decided it had to be a clean slate if I took over. Now by this we don't mean to forget the history of the Stars, if we wanted that I'm sure it would have been easier to move the team.

That's why everything will change next season but not the location, we'll be playing in a new ballpark in new uniforms and under a new logo. The minors have had a full overhaul, each step of the process we consulted with the fans. We also in our consultations with the CTBrewCrew Logo & Uniform Design Co, stipulated that we wanted a clean simple design with a fresh look which I think there head designer Mike Madison more than achieved".

The Space Theme.

"That was by luck, we'd organised a meet and greet with the season ticket holders. I'm sat next to DeMario Davis, played in over 1,400 games for the Stars in the 1990s. Now in over an hour I've signed 2 autographs you see GMs aren't in demand, it's like if we win it's the players if we get beat it's my fault, the GMs fault.

Anyway the signing finishes and DeMario is waiting for his grandson to come pick him up, I decide to wait with him. So we're talking about his playing days when this kid runs in, he must be about 14 well he runs straight to DeMario, gives him an hug and whispers something to him. Now what DeMario says shocks me a bit, turns out it's his great great grandson now that doesn't shock me what shocks me is the kid wants my autograph.

So I give the kid my autograph and DeMario is telling me he's named after his best friend Vyacheslav Kelly another ex Stars player, they call him Ches for short. He wants my autograph as he wants to be a GM when he's older, jokingly I ask him for some tips. His reply, I needed a connection if the rumours of changing the minors were true. So I'm interested, I ask him what does he have in mind. "Space!" Turns out Ches is not only crazy on space but old-time music like Elton John and David Bowie.

So that's why we have a space theme running through the minors, a 14 year old kid named after a Stars player from the past who as another Stars player from the past in his family tree gave me the start of an idea".

The Start Of The Journey.

"The first few months, let me say the start in Athens was better, the start in Beirut was better, the start in Valencia well it couldn't be any worse than it is. There are some glimmers of hope though but I knew it wasn't a short term fix, of course having no off season didn't help but I'm not going to bang the pity drum.

The pitching is probably the high point, may not seem it but their young arms and if they mature to their potential then we could have a solid if not spectacular rotation and bullpen.

Hitting wise we'll be looking at bringing some bats into the line up, one of the reasons we are in the position we are is we aren't giving the pitchers the run support we need.

The in fighting with the players needs to stop, that's the reason behind the changes at assistant GM and both manager and bench coach at the major league level
Athens Fighting Centaurs 2051 75-87
Athens Fighting Centaurs 2049 72-81
Valencia Stars 2045-2047 185-301
Beirut Cedars 2044 90-72
Athens Fighting Centaurs 2042-2043 112-118
Cairo Chariot Archers BC 2041 8-5

Clayman
Ex-GM

Re: A Sky Full Of Stars Issue 2

Post by Clayman » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:01 am

Cost of the Future.

Dunn Field - $450m.

The Valencia Stars and the McFarquhar Corporation shared the costs of Dunn Field, the Stars paying $200 million and the McFarquhar Corporation stumping up the rest which stood at $250 million.

BBA Taxes - $50m.

City of Santa Clarita have paid not only the BBA taxes but also the costs of the Hall of Stars, in total $90m. If the Valencia Stars leave the city of Santa Clarita within 10 years the Stars will not only forfeit the Hall of Stars to the city but will repay the city the $90m.

Whilst announcing the various changes to come owner Paul McFarquhar Jr said "This stipulation in the contract between the Stars and the city clearly is a statement of our intention to stay within the city, we are going nowhere".

Minor League Settlement - $10m.

Owner Paul McFarquhar Jr, paid the $10 million minor league settlement costs from his own fortune, this $10 million covers the costs of the early termination of contracts with the previous minor league teams within the Stars organisation.

Minor League Ballpark Costs - $25m.

Bento Vending Machines paid $25m for the food rights to Valencia's minor league teams for the next 10 years, the Stars will also receive 25% of the profits, 10% will go to charitable causes in the minor league towns that are home to the minor league teams within the Stars organisation. The shortfall to costs on renovating or building of the new ballparks for the minor league teams will be met by investors from the town's were the teams will be based

Hall of Stars - $40m.

City of Santa Clarita have paid the costs of the Hall of Stars, the land owned by the city was given free to the Stars but if the Stars leave the city it reverts back to the city.

Uniforms - $2m.

GM Neil Thomas as paid the $2m costs to the CTBrewCrew design company for the design of the new uniforms that Valencia will be wearing in 2046, this came from the signing bonus the Stars gave the new GM.
Beirut Cedars 2044 90-72

Clayman
Ex-GM

Post by Clayman » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:12 am

ps I didn't make a mistake putting Mike Madison as the designer of the logos, it was for story wise purposes rather than have a GM name.
Beirut Cedars 2044 90-72

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:39 am

Love it! I’ve been called worse 🤣

Clayman