Star Gazing: 09.15.43 - 002

GM: Gregg Greenhouse

Moderator: DugoutDesperado

gcsii99
Ex-GM

Star Gazing: 09.15.43 - 002

Post by gcsii99 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:07 pm

The Brewster Baseball Association is a truly global league. The Valencia Stars organization is no different and currently the Big League Team has representatives from 13 countries. This means that no matter where you are from there is a "hometown hero" to root for. In this series we will highlight these players beginning with those who hail from the great state of California.

On of two players on the team from California is William Fuller. The soon to be 28 year old was born in Rosemead, CA. Just about 40 miles from Honigsfeld Field, Rosemead is a city of around 50,000 in the west San Gabriel Valley. The towns's most well known historical favorite son was football coach Rod Marinelli, after whom the Rosemead High School's football stadium is named. Fuller was a 2 year starter for the Panthers at quarterback while headlining the baseball team's staff. He was a B- student and his senior yearbook lists his favorite subject as "Girls".

Drafted by the Stars in the 5th round in 2032. The 6'2" right-hander has taken a circuitous route to the Bigs. What appeared to be a quick ascent initially, turned out to be an 11 year slog through the boonies. He has mostly been a reliever but did have a one year trial as a starter. He was finally called up this year despite a 9.05 ERA in AAA. When asked about his first BBA appearance, Fuller stated "I was so nervous I couldn't breathe. After all those years I was finally living my dream. My first pitch was a fastball that I just wanted to get over, and Mitch Dalrymple destroyed for a double. That was probably the best thing that could have happened, 'cause I had to run to back up third and get some of that energy out". He was able to get out of the outing without giving up a run and has compiled a 1.62 ERA in 16 2/3 innings thus far.

Fuller throws two pitches, a fastball that tops out at 101 mph, and a heavy splitter, that helps him create a ton of groundballs. His fielding has been described as "an adventure" and his footspeed rivals that of the three-toed sloth. He has never had any major injuries and trainers marvel at his recovery time and endurance.

On a personal level, Fuller is married with 2 young girls. They live in a modest house near his childhood home in Rosemead. He says his spare time is spent fishing and playing Madden 42 (He says "Madden 43 is trash, real players still go with '42"). When asked why fans should know about him, Fuller said "I'm just a normal guy who loves this area and hanging out with my family and friends. I don't know how long my baseball career will last but I intend to get every drop out of it. Whether its in the majors or even rec league ball I plan to keep pitching till someone says I have to stop or my arm falls off".

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Star Gazing: 08.15.43 - 002

Post by Dington » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:03 pm

Good to see football still going strong in 2043. I knew all that CTE was a scam!
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Valencia Stars”