Mike 2059.02

GM: James Walker

Moderator: Jwalk100

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Mike 2059.02

Post by Jwalk100 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:15 pm

Hawaii GM Jim Walker sat in his office at ‘Iolani Palace drinking his breakfast whiskey. Damn, this is good whiskey!

Cassie, his virtual assistant announced, “Jim, Mike Campbell is here to see you.”

“Send him in, Cass.”

He stood and walked around the paper strewn desk to greet Campbell at the door. Mike came through and Jim greeted him with a big bro hug and handshake.

“Have a seat, Mike. Would you like something to drink?”

Mike waved it off, “Just water, sir.”

Jim frowned but grabbed a water out of the fridge then poured himself two more fingers of the Uncle Nearest.

He sat and then said, “Mike, we would like you to stay with the team in any capacity you would like. You name it and we’ll pay you what you want.”

Campbell responded quickly, “I want to remain in uniform and pass on some knowledge to the kids. I heard that the hitting coach in Gaylord retired. I would like to be the HC there.”

“Really? Wow, you’re making this easy for me, Mike. You got it. I’m looking to get you coached up to be the guy here in Hawaii.”, said Walker. Then, “How well do you know Alfredo Mata and Kees Van Gool? They’re a little older than you but are wet behind the ears as coaches.”

“I’ve talked with them about baseball often and like their attitudes. We’ll be a good team.”, Campbell answered.

“That’s exactly what I wanted to hear.”, smiled Walker.

Walker and Campbell stood and shook hands then Campbell exited with a big smile on his face.

Walker closed the door and said, “Cassie, send a press release out. The Hawaii Tropics keep their best hitter ever on the payroll as the hitting coach with the Gaylord Sting Rays in the Spike Nolan League-Rookie ball.”

Cassie replied, “Done.”
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hawaii Tropics”