The Tropic News 2051.32

GM: James Walker

Moderator: Jwalk100

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

The Tropic News 2051.32

Post by Jwalk100 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:48 pm

Image ImageImageImageImageImage

The Tropics finish their long home stand with a two game series against the Portland Lumberjacks at Diamond Head.

Game 1- The Lumberjacks score three runs early and hold on for a win in the series opener. Hawaii could only muster two runs on seven hits against Portland pitchers. Alejandro Ortiz was 1 for 3 with a two run homer in the seventh inning to put the Tropics on the board. Angelo Lucchesi was 2 for 4 on the day.

Semih Gurani made the start and took the loss for the Tropics after throwing 4 2/3 innings. He gave up three runs on six hits and three walks while fanning four batters. He falls to 3-4 with a 4.44. ERA.

Alberto Castaneda pitched 1 2/3 innings of relief giving up a hit, walked one and struck out one. Jason Wellon continues his good season with 1 2/3 innings allowing three hits and striking out a batter.

Portland wins 4-2.

Game 2- The Hawaii offense scores at least one run in the first six innings to get the win and a series split with Portland. The Trops scored a run in the first, one in the second, two in the third, one in the fourth, another in the fifth and finally three in the sixth inning to finish off the Lumberjacks.

Rhys Brickell led the way for the Trops going 2 for 5 with a three run homer in the sixth inning. Tomas Guillen helped out his teammate going 2 for 3 with a triple, a walk, two runs scored and two RBI. Alejandro Ortiz was 2 for 4 with a double, two runs scored and an RBI. Thomas Kramer was 2 for 3 with a stolen base, a walk, a run scored and an RBI.

Daruna Maddukuri pitched five innings allowing two runs on three hits and a couple of walks. He fanned seven batters in improving to 4-6 with a 5.27 ERA

After the game Maddukuri said, “If I keep the walks down I can keep us in games. My defense really helped me out today with the two double plays.”

Denny Hamilton pitched a clean ninth with two Ks to seal the win.

Hawaii wins 9-3.

Sounds of the game: “Manny! Manny!” (After former Tropic 1B Manny Aguilar, Jr. booted a ball in Game 1)

Hawaii and Portland split the two game series.
ImageImageImageImageImage

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: The Tropic News 2051.32

Post by CTBrewCrew » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:59 pm

Should have been “Maaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnny………Maaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnny”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Hawaii Tropics”