Operation Sunburn Chapter II 2048.7

GM: James Walker

Moderator: Jwalk100

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Operation Sunburn Chapter II 2048.7

Post by Jwalk100 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:46 pm

OP

The flight was long but uneventful and the aircraft touched down with a slight shudder. The pilot skillfully guided the craft to the gate and everyone rose in unison to exit. The door opened to the noise of turbines, tugs and truck engines on the flight line. We all walked up the tunnel like cattle unloading from the truck into their pens.

I walked through the Daniel K. Inouye Airport and stopped for a shot and a beer at the PGA Tour Grill. I was starved and ordered a Kahlua Pork Sandwich and some fries. I scarfed it down, chugged my Big Wave Golden Ale and chased it with a shot of Four Roses. I paid the tab and made my way to the front, bypassing luggage and the car rentals. As the doors opened to the the tropical paradise, I felt the warm breeze.

I scan the horizon, looking for signs of Jack Lord or Tom Selleck. Nothing. Very disappointing. I saw a limo pull up in front of me and a driver get out. He said, “Mr. Harris, please come with me.”

I jumped in the back and we rode in silence. We passed Pearl Harbor and made our way west arriving quickly at our destination. Pier 19. Parked at the pier was an enormous yacht. The driver said, “Someone will meet you here, sir.”
Unknown-2.jpeg
Unknown-2.jpeg (7.33 KiB) Viewed 326 times

I exited the limo and stood on the curb and began to walk toward the pier. I made two steps when I heard a small engine sound behind me on the road. I looked back and saw a bicycle with an 80cc motor pull up park in motorcycle parking. The rider, was tall, probably 6’4. He looked like an elephant riding a peanut.

Unknown-3.jpeg
Unknown-3.jpeg (11.92 KiB) Viewed 326 times

He hops off and walked toward me in a hurry. He said, “Mr. Harris, perfect timing. I’m Jim Walker. Follow me.”

We walked up the pier and he led me up the boarding ramp onto the yacht. I noticed the name, “The Dingy”.

We entered the back door and followed the hallway past several doors and entered a typical boardroom. Seated at the head of the table was people I recognized. The first was John Hough. Hough was the multi billionaire owner of the Dole Company along with some coffee plantations and cattle operations. He also was the owner of the Hawaii Tropics baseball team. The second person was the voice on the phone. He stood, walked to me and gave me a hug. He whispered, “Money maker.”

We sat at the table and everyone introduced themselves. The man I met on the way in was the General Manager of the Tropics. The one person that I didn’t know was a guy in the corner of the room. He was introduced as the “Security Guy”.

Mr. Hough didn’t waste any time. “I have a certain job I need you to do and you will be compensated well for it. I will let your acquaintance explain it to you and you can make your decision. I need that decision immediately.”

The voice spoke, “We are going to gather intel on every team in the Brewster. Even the league office itself. It starts with 64 people we have trained from a young age. They will work in groups of two. An asset and a watcher. The asset will not know the watcher. They will know that they have a guardian. The assets will have no equipment in their possession in case they are caught. They all possess eidetic memory. The will take any intel they gather and transcribe that info to paper or a thumb drive. They will use ‘dead drops’ to pass the intel on to the watcher. The watcher will retrieve the intel and upload to a computer and send the info to you here in Hawaii.”

I asked, “How do we hide our location to prevent tracking?”

He said, “The intel is coded into a program that actually attaches itself to electronic banking sent out across the world. It looks like something sent from a bank. Banking is not looked at for intel, just for fraud or theft.”

I nodded. “Go on.”

“All assets and watchers have been trained in escape/evade/survival. You will report to Walker once a week or when deemed necessary but intel. You will move locations every 24 hours and the locations are your choice, not ours.”, the voice said.

He continued, “The asset and watcher in the league office will focus on the League Security Department and will let us know if the OP is in danger of exposure. Questions?”

I said, “Budget?”

Across from the table Hough said, “Unlimited! Just tell your associate what is required.”

I sat back and took a breath. Do I want back in the game? It doesn’t seem dangerous but you never know. Will these guys sell me out if I get caught? Rich people cant handle prison.

Fuck it.

“I’m in.”, I said with confidence.

Author's note:

Any GM can write an article on this subject in their team news. No pressure, we can have fun with this.
Attachments
Unknown-2.jpeg
Unknown-2.jpeg (9.57 KiB) Viewed 326 times
ImageImageImageImageImage

bschr682
Ex-GM

Re: Operation Sunburn Chapter II 2048.7

Post by bschr682 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:04 am

Dear lord I almost died when you incorporated the skyhawk bike haha.
GM Vancouver Mounties

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:41 pm

bschr682 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:04 am
Dear lord I almost died when you incorporated the skyhawk bike haha.
I think that was the model he fell in love with on AFBI

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Post by shoeless.db » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:27 pm

I’m sorry I missed this the first go-round. Awesome. I even read the next part on the podcast and didn’t go back to read this. My wife is right; my attention span is negative sometimes.
Sacramento Mad Popes (unretired)
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:33 pm

I love this and really want to play along. Didn't have a lot of time to write last season, so hopefully we can keep this going this season.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Hawaii Tropics”