The Tropic News 2043.28

GM: James Walker

Moderator: Jwalk100

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

The Tropic News 2043.28

Post by Jwalk100 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:42 pm

The Hawaii Tropics host the Long Beach Surfers for a three game series at Diamond Head. Long Beach holds a 9-7 season series lead this season vs Hawaii.

Game 1- Tropics RF Mike Campbell hits 2 of Hawaii’s 4 homers and SP Alaric Wullenweber struck out 9 over 7 innings as the Tropics cruise to a win.

Campbell was 2 for 3 with 3 runs scored, 4 RBI and 2 walks. Campbell hits the 40 homer mark and has now driven in 120 runs.

Wullenweber allowed just 3 hits, walked one and gave up a run. He is now 13-11 with a 3.53 ERA.

alaric_wullenweber_2043_.png

SS Fernando Rodriguez was 3 for 5 with 2 doubles, a triple, 2 runs and 2 RBI.

DH Ernest McBride was 2 for 5 with a homer, 2 runs and 2 RBI.

Hawaii wins 16-5.

Game 2- The Hawaii Tropics are a wave the Surfers can’t handle. Hawaii gets good pitching supported by an offense that seems relentless as they take the second game of the series.

LF Bastiao Fardos was 1 for 4 with a homer, 2 walks, 3 runs scored, 2 RBI and a stolen base.

DH Ernest McBride was 2 for 5 with 2 doubles, a run scored and 3 RBI.

2B Jack “Junkyard” Nichols was 4 for 4 with 2 double, 2 singles and a run scored.

jack_nichols_2043_.png

SP Zak Johnson pitched 6 1/3 innings giving up 2 runs on 5 hits, a walk and struck out 5 batters. He is now 13-10 with a 4.13 ERA.

Hawaii wins 11-2.

Game 3- Hawaii rookie SP Bob McConnell shuts out the Surfers over 6 1/3 innings as the Tropics win a pitcher duel for the series sweep.

bob_mcconnell_2043_.png

McConnell allowed just 4 hits, issued a walk and struck out 4 batters. McConnell said, “They have steadily built me up for this since I was called up. I am confident I can get the job done for my teammates.”

3B Gary Allen was 1 for 3 with a solo homer.

Hawaii wins 2-0.

The Tropics play their final regular season home stand with a three game series against the Valencia Stars at Diamond Head.

Game 1- Tropics SP Niccolo “Notorious” Destefani struggles but the Hawaii offense continues to tear the cover off the ball as they take the opener.

Destefani pitched 5 innings giving up 5 runs on 7 hits, 2 walks and struck out 5 batters. He gets the win to improve to 14-8 with a 4.13 ERA.

The offense pounded 7 homers to give the Tropics some breathing room. Bastiao Fardos hit 2 homers, Ernest McBride added 2, CF Ronnie Hubbard hit one, along with SS Miguel Rodriguez and 1B Manuel Aguilar, Jr..

ronnie_hubbard_2043_.png

Hawaii wins 13-8.

Game 2- Tropics SP Jesus Gonzalez notches his 15th win as Hawaii runs their winning streak to 5 games.

Gonzalez was excellent going 7 innings allowing 1 run on 6 hits and a walk. He struck out 9 batters in 91 pitches.

Gary Allen was 1 for 4 with a solo homer.

LF Jose Camacho was 2 for 3 with a homer, a run scored and 3 RBI.

Hawaii wins 9-1.

Game 3- Hawaii SP Alaric Wullenweber struggled through 5 innings and the Stars shut down Hawaii’s offense to stop the win streak.

Wullenweber allowed 5 run on 5 hits and struck out 6. He falls to 13-12 with a 3.65 ERA.

Bastiao Fardos was 1 for 3 with a triple, a run and 2 RBI.

Valencia wins 5-3 but Hawaii wins the series 2-1
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hawaii Tropics”