The Tropic News 2042.12

GM: James Walker

Moderator: Jwalk100

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

The Tropic News 2042.12

Post by Jwalk100 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:51 pm

The Tropics host the Seattle Storm at Diamond Head in a four game series.

Game 1- SP Alaric Wullenweber was staked to a a 3 run lead that he ultimately could not hold. Wullenweber allowed 5 runs over 4 2/3 innings of work. He gave up 7 hits and struck out 7 batters.

Seattle CF Aires Penharanda doubled in the eventual winning run in the seventh off of RP Luis Torres.

Young 3B Gary Allen was again the hitting star for the Trops going 3 for 4 with a solo homer, 2 doubles, scoring 2 runs and driving in 1.

RF Mike Campbell was 1 for 4 hitting a 3 run homer.

2B Jack “Junkyard” Nichols was 1 for 3 homering in the first, scoring twice and driving in 1.

Seattle wins 6-5.

Game 2- SP Zack Johnson pitched 6 2/3 innings of shutout ball, allowing just 5 hits and giving up 1 walk. He struck out 6 in 100 pitches (63 strikes). Johnson improves to 3-2 with a 3.57 ERA.

IMG_5997.JPG
IMG_5997.JPG (96.75 KiB) Viewed 890 times
Zack Johnson

C Enrique Dominguez] was 2 for 4 with a homer, double , a run scored and 4 RBI.

1B Manuel Aguilar, Jr. was 2 for 4 with a homer, 2 runs and an RBI.

Hawaii evens the series 5-0.

Game 3- The struggles of SP Jim “Bullets” Wilkinson continue. Pitching Coach Tony Torres said of Wilkinson, “ He isn’t getting ahead in the count but he is missing over the plate and that isn’t good.” Team Trainer Ernesto Zoffoli said, “We are going to run some tests and see if there is something physical.”

Wilkinson pitched 3 2/2 innings allowing 7 runs on 11 hits and no walks. He struck out 3 and threw 80 pitches (56 strikes). He is 2-4 with a disgusting 8.19 ERA.

3B Gary Allen homered again and was 3 for 5 on the day. He scored 2 and drove in 2.

1B Miguel Aguilar also homered again. He was also 3 for 5 with a run and 2 RBI.

CF Doeke Soethout was 3 for 5with a double and a run scored.

Seattle wins 9-6.

Game 4- Hawaii has had offensive outages this season that stretches for multiple games. This was one of those games that saw the offense wake from it’s slumber and put some runs up. The usual suspects contributed to this output and then got some pitching to back them up.

RF Mike Campbell was 3 for 5 with his 6th homer. He scored 3 runs and drove in 1 while batting lead off. He is hitting .333 with 6 homers and 32 RBI.

CF Doeke Soethout was 1 for 3 with his 4th homer this season. He is hitting .367 with 4 homers and 8 RBI.

SS Fernando Rodriguez was 3 for 5 with 2 doubles, 2 runs and an RBI. He is hitting .264 with 3 homers and 10 RBI.

DH Ernesto McBride was 2 for 4 with 2 homers with 2 runs and 3 RBI.

SP Stephen Taub tossed 6 1/3 giving up 3 runs on 8 hits and 2 walks. He struck out 3 but gave up 3 solo homers. He is now 3-2 with a 6.34 ERA.

Hawaii win 12-3 and split the series with Seattle.

The Tropics end the homestand with a 3 game series vs the San Fernando Bears.

Game 1- The San Fernando Bears put up 6 runs in the fourth inning and cruise to a big win over the Hawaii Tropics.

RF Mike Campbell was 2 for 5 with a homer, run socred and 3 RBI.

DH Ernesto McBride homered again in going 1 for 4.

San Fernando wins 12-4.

Game 2- SS Jeremy Webb provided the runs the Bears needed while SP Bron Cortez held the Trops to 1 run on 3 hits and a walk.

SP Alaric Wullenweber was outstanding as he set down 15 Bears to strikeout. He gave up 2 runs on 7 hits but fell short as he gave up the Webb homer. He falls to 3-4 but improves his ERA to 4.85.

Bears win 3-1.

Game 3- Hawaii and San Fernando battled to a 2-2 tie through nine innings until a rookie provided the big hit in the bottom of the tenth. With no outs, Bears Closer Carlos Padilla gave up a double to Manuel Aguilar. He then intentionally walked DH Ernesto McBride to set up the double play with the slow footed catcher Enrique Dominguez next up. Dominguez did just that with a 6-4-3 double play with Aguilar taking third. White hot RF Mike Campbell was given an intentional walk putting men on first and third with a rookie next up. CF Doeke Soethout walked to the plate and dug in to the left handed batters box. He took the first pitch fastball for strike one. Padilla’s second pitch slider swept toward Soethout’s left leg as he fell out of the way. With the count 1-1 Padilla threw another slider but this one just spun about knee high. Soethout jumped on it and sent it out of the park toward right at 103.8 MPH and landed in the glove of a delirious Tropics Fan.

demeter.jpg
BOOM Shakalaka

Soethout said after the game, “I felt a little disrespected when they walked Campbell. I could understand though that they would rather face me than him. They even passed on the right on right to face a lefty. When I saw that dot in the middle of that pitch I knew I had my payback.”

Soethout was 2 for 5 with that big homer and a triple. He scored 1 and drove in 5.

SP Zack Johnson was a non factor in this game but kept it close as he allowed 2 runs on 4 hits and 2 walks through 7 innings of work. He struck out 9 in the no decision.

RP Norm McConnell pitched 2 innings for the win allowing 0 runs on 0 hits. He struck out 4 and won his 4th game of the season.

Hawaii wins 5-2 and salvages some dignity losing the series 2-1.
ImageImageImageImageImage

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: The Tropic News 2042.12

Post by jleddy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:11 am

Whoa...Soethout's a new name. Pretty cool seeing him figure it all out this year in AAA, then get the call-up to the bigs and continue to rake. Love that.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Hawaii Tropics”