2036/5 Injury Updates

GM: James Walker

Moderator: Jwalk100

nerfHerder
Ex-GM

2036/5 Injury Updates

Post by nerfHerder » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:34 am

2036 will go down as the year of arm and shoulder injuries for the Tropics. We touched base earlier in the season, so here's a little update.

SP Hector Freitas

Nothing much to report here that is new. Hector tore his rotator cuff and immediately said that he was done. Calling it a career rather than trying to make a comeback from a major injury at almost 35 years of age. Nothing has changed. The team has kept him around to witness the rest of the losing, which is probably what sealed the deal. Good luck Hector.

SP Juan Trujillo

Juan suffered his second ruptured UCL in less than two years earlier in the season. Five months later he is still working hard to make a comeback. "I owe it to this franchise. They've stuck with me through one of these already. I want to give back if I can", Trujillo was recently quoted as saying. It will be a long hard road for him, with about a year of rehab still ahead. Juan has the spirit to do it though.

RP Rob Fuller

Poor Rob Fuller is the last guy on our update list. When he was signed it was noted that he's a great pitcher IF healthy. Well, he's thrown 1.2 innings as a Tropic. In June he tore his labrum, and was expected to be out for seven months. Now a setback has him out another year. The consensus is that Rob won't ever make it back, at least as the pitcher he was. No one has heard from him since his setback.

Team trainer Ernesto Zoffoli is examining the way the team stretches during the offseason to see if there can be any way to avoid these injuries in the future. The truth is that the franchise is more than likely just snake bit. Expect more losing to follow.......
Mike Bieschke
GM, Mumbai Metro Stars (2042-2044)

BBA GM, Hawaii Tropics (2014-2037, 2038-2041)(Landis Cup Champions 2025)
UMEBA GM, Baghdad Kings (2037-2038)
BBA GM, Phoenix Talons (2003-2013)

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2036/5 Injury Updates

Post by RonCo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:11 am

The team has kept him around to witness the rest of the losing, which is probably what sealed the deal.
Heh...

The Nine were remarkably healthy in the pitching staff at the major league level this year, but we had about a dozen big injuries to kids in the minors, including one career-ender. Hang in there. :)
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Hawaii Tropics”