2034/1 Recent Injury Setbacks Continue the Dark Cloud

GM: James Walker

Moderator: Jwalk100

nerfHerder
Ex-GM

2034/1 Recent Injury Setbacks Continue the Dark Cloud

Post by nerfHerder » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:43 am

It's not sunny in Hawaii, and many are wondering if or when it ever will be again. It's no secret that the club is rebuilding. The bad part is that when the young guys you are building around get hurt, AND have major setbacks, it doesn't make it easy to get back to an elite level. That's just what has happened in Hawaii. Outfielder Michael Durham, who broke a bone in his elbow last June, was only to miss seven months. Now after a setback he'll miss nine more months. Closer Lawrence Stokes, who fractured his elbow in August to put him out for seven months, will now miss an additional eight to nine months. Both players have almost the exact same injury. Where this leaves the cash strapped franchise is the question.

Durham was set to reclaim his starting LF job that has been kept warm by a combo of Gerbrand de Best and Rich Ayers. The club will probably continue with that solution, with the other guy also seeing time on RF as well. Durham was starting to come into his own before the injury, so it's a drop off from those two. The Stokes injury is a little more of a big deal. Not because a losing club needs a good closer, but because of the relief depth that was allowed to walk after the season. Jose Garcia and Alfredo Chavez were allowed to pursue other opportunites, moves that the club would like to take back. At least one of those guys would have been nice to have. Now the team will use what was there a season ago and maybe dip into their minor leagues to see if they can fill those spots. Look for a few low ball offers in free agency as well. There is also the waiver wire, one of GM Mike Bieschke's favorite parts of this game of baseball. Should be fun to see how it plays out.
Mike Bieschke
GM, Mumbai Metro Stars (2042-2044)

BBA GM, Hawaii Tropics (2014-2037, 2038-2041)(Landis Cup Champions 2025)
UMEBA GM, Baghdad Kings (2037-2038)
BBA GM, Phoenix Talons (2003-2013)

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2034/1 Recent Injury Setbacks Continue the Dark Cloud

Post by RonCo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:11 am

Ouch. So to speak.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Spiccoli
Ex-GM

Post by Spiccoli » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:17 am

Someone needs to talk to your team doctor...

When the rehab setbacks have a longer duration than the original injury.... there may be issues with how he's fixing their broken elbows.
Scott Piccoli GM Twin Cities

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:28 am

Spiccoli wrote:Someone needs to talk to your team doctor...

When the rehab setbacks have a longer duration than the original injury.... there may be issues with how he's fixing their broken elbows.
Good point. Just because I was curious, I went and looked and your guy (Mike) is only Decent at arm recovery. He's suppose to be Outstanding are preventing them, but things happen. May be time to find a new team trainer.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

nerfHerder
Ex-GM

Post by nerfHerder » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:01 pm

bcslouck wrote:
Spiccoli wrote:Someone needs to talk to your team doctor...

Good point. Just because I was curious, I went and looked and your guy (Mike) is only Decent at arm recovery. He's suppose to be Outstanding are preventing them, but things happen. May be time to find a new team trainer.

I saw that too. I just hired the dang guy after my previous one retired. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the matter guys. My fears are a reality.
Mike Bieschke
GM, Mumbai Metro Stars (2042-2044)

BBA GM, Hawaii Tropics (2014-2037, 2038-2041)(Landis Cup Champions 2025)
UMEBA GM, Baghdad Kings (2037-2038)
BBA GM, Phoenix Talons (2003-2013)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Hawaii Tropics”