RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

56.007 – Turner to Return

Post by RonCo » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:46 pm

Byline: Max Offen Sichtlich
Off Topic

Extended IL Time Concerns Club

Aug 26, 2056

With the trade deadline nearing, and the Sacramento Mad Pope front office shackled by draconian salary cap constraints, it appears the best addition to the club will be coming from the Injury List, specifically the long-awaited return of left-handed ace Thomas Turner.

Turner, who suffered an oblique strain in mid-July, was expected to miss only a couple weeks, but has seen the injury hang on for long enough that some worry he’ll struggle to get back to top form. The three-time All-Star sits currently at 10-7, with a 3.38 ERA.

“I’m ready,” Thomas said when asked if he might take a rehab assignment. “I don’t wanna play in AAA.”

Some suggest his contract status has a factor in the decision, too.

Turner holds an opt-out after this season. He makes $9M now, and would opt into a $1M pay cut. Insiders question if that would be wise, but acknowledge that at age 31 injury questions might hurt his market value.

“I’m excited to have him back,” said manager Fernando Pacheco. “This will mark the first time we’ve had the whole rotation together since April.”

To make roster room, Utility infielder Rich Dares is expected to be placed on the IL with a sprained knee, which is rumored to have been self-inflicted. “I’ll do anything for the team,” Dares said when asked about his injury.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: 56.007 – Turner to Return

Post by Trebro » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:23 pm

Any truth to the rumors that the GM has actually petitioned the league to make the cap even tighter?
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 56.007 – Turner to Return

Post by RonCo » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:45 pm

Mostly I just lace 'em up and play.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic