RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

55.097 – Goal One: Win Bismark a Championship

Post by RonCo » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:23 pm

Byline: Max Offen Sichtlich
Off Topic

Mad Popes Focus on AA Affiliate

Nov 16, 2055

“There’s very little more valuable than a Warren Cox League banner,” said Assistant GM Carlos Camacho, his voice robotic and weary, and the bags under his eyes growing deeper by the moment. “Ever since we found out that we only had $365,500 to spend on Free Agency, our entire staff has been focused on bringing a much-deserved championship to Bismark. And today we announce the first major step in that direction.”

That being that the team is sending seven of that team’s key players on an all-expenses paid conditioning cruise of the Bahamas known worldwide as the “Stud Maker Academy of Triathlon Iron Men.”

The conceit is that the attendees run a mini-marathon to make it aboard the ship, then have to pedal on the squirrel wheels to power the ship’s engines to leave port. Then, once the ship is halfway to its destination, all attendees are tossed from the rails and have to swim back.
“Believe me,” said Diana Dalton, owner, licensee, and proprietor of the well-established franchise, “This is a life-changing event. If they make back alive, they’ll never slack off again. Did I mention the half-starved sharks we release once everyone has done the cannonball dive?”

“I’m really looking forward to it,” said outfielder Akeem Joffer, a world-class sprinter. “I’m pretty sure I can out swim the other guys, too, so I’m thinking I should be safe.” Others attending will be 2B Senzo Sato, DH Rich Robinson, CL Josh Reynolds, SP Roy Nealy, SP Ronald Jones, and SP Richard Graves.

“Nothing is too good for these guys,” said Camacho. “We are really rooting for them to make it back.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: 55.097 – Goal One: Win Bismark a Championship

Post by jleddy » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:55 pm

Just the championship Ron Collins fans have been waiting for.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

Re: 55.097 – Goal One: Win Bismark a Championship

Post by jiminyhopkins » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:24 am

Call me back when you can compete in the all important Charley Pegler League *yawn*

EDIT: Oh wait, you can. I just checked. :(
GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”