RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

55.067 – Could Stone Stay?

Post by RonCo » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:56 pm

Byline: Max Offen Sichtlich
Off Topic

Another Late Season Addition May Stick

October 9, 2055

While the Mad Popes wait for the executioner’s hatchet to fall on their postseason dreams, word out of the executive suite is that early discussions are being had with the representatives of 31-year-old RHB Designated Hitter Lee Stone.

Once a touted member of Valencia’s future, Stone’s star faded, and he found himself out of baseball after Rocky Mountain released him last year.
“I had a lot of time to ruminate,” Stone said. “I decided I didn’t like that, so I had my reps take their price down and went looking for a deal. When Sacramento called, it was like the power of Camacho had just coalesced in the right place.”

He’s since hit .303 with 6 doubles in 55 at bats, and walked enough to support a .379 OBP. His contractual situations has him eligible for arbitration, but team insiders are saying the club’s front office is working to avoid that generally unpleasant process. With arb estimates of $1.3 million, those same insiders are suggesting that the team would pay a small premium over that to establish their roster going forward.

“Lee’s a good baseball person,” said the anonymous source. “And he plays defense better than Phoenix’s Mom.”

High praise, right? High praise indeed.
Player NameAgeBTOVRPOTConCon PGapGap PPowPow PEyeEye PAvKAvK P
Lee Stone31RR55557799886677
SourceHtWtSPDSTERUNCABCARIFRIFEIFATDPOFROFEOFA
MLC6'2"200245111131267
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”