RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

55.062 – Harris to Make BBA Debut

Post by RonCo » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:10 pm

Byline: Max Offen Sichtlich
Off Topic

Journeyman Minor League Hopes to Make His Presence Known

September 15, 2055

Team insides say that the Mad Popes were trying to trade AAA pitcher Terence Harris all season long, but finding no takers. That makes some sense—he’s 28, so it’s now or never, and his reputation as a clubhouse bother could possibly dissuade a few folks from welcoming him aboard with open arms.

That said, the guy’s been pitching better than well. His 8—8 record in the Black Hils of Dakota come with a 3.14 ERA. He also went down to AA for a brief stint, and was 2-0 with a 2.36. So the guy can pitch. At least in the minors. What remains to be seen is whether those numbers can translate. Sacramento fans are going to find out soon, though, because with the AAA season finished for the Rally, and with several other contractual issues worked out, the rapidly aging Harris is going to debut—one assumes tomorrow.

Harris, a lanky right-hander, throws a fastball, curveball, cutter repertoire, to which he adds a very occasional, and very hittable changeup. The club expects him to throw relief for the moment, though might give him a start in the last week if injury concerns dictate. For him, this opportunity is about next year.

“All I want to do is compete in the big leagues. If that’s here in Sacramento, that’s fine. If the team wasn’t so move me, well, that’s fine, too. But, you, know, it all adds up to what I do while I’m here, right? If I throw good numbers someone will pick me up. So I’m jut going to try to go out there and have fun, and make sure my girlfriend gets lots of pictures of me in a big league uniform. The rest will come along when it comes along.”
POSPlayer NameAgeBTOVRPOTStuStu PMovMov PConCon P
SPTerence Harris280R3540789966
SourceHtWtBABIP - PHR-PVeloStaHoldGB/FB#Pitches#Pit-6+
DR47.96' 2"1956995856243
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”