RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

55.060 – Radnall Impresses

Post by RonCo » Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:34 pm

Byline: Max Offen Sichtlich
Off Topic

Rookie Lefty Gets First Taste of Big Leagues

September 15, 2055

At 28 years old, Mitchell Radnall is not your stereotypical rookie. He’s also a soft-tossing lefty, more crafty than not. His path to the bigs, also, is not exactly the norm, Going to school across the pond, being drafted into the distant leagues, being listed as a top prospect, yet never making a big league pitch there before being signed to a minor league free agent deal here in Sacramento.

At 5-10” and a workaday approach, he’s an easy guy to miss, we guess. But a 38-19 record along a couple minor league stops does a little talking, and now Randall finds himself wearing a BBA uniform and pitching well. His four innings since being called up during the roster expansion period have been scoreless, and his first outing netted him his first big league win.

He kept the ball, of course.

“It’s a big deal for my mom,” he said. “She’s been pushing me the whole way, you know. When everyone said I’d never make it and I was thinking
about hanging them up, she’d just sit there all quite and then say something like … well, Mitchy, what do you love?”

Sacramento pitching coach Gabriel Campos was heavy on his praise for the pitcher. “I’m not really sure how he gets people out but he does, you know? He understands how to pitch out there. It’s a joy to watch him out think the other guys. Up and in, down and in, up and away. We’ll see how the big leaguers adjust to him, but right now its smooth sailing.”

With a cram-stocked pitching staff, Campos was relictant to project the future. “Opportunities could be slim for the lefty going forward, but things have a way of unfolding at certain times.” Campos said. “If anyone’s done their time in the waiting game, Radnall’s the guy.”
Player NameAgeBTOVRPOTStuStu PMovMov PConCon P
Mitchell Radnall260L40407791077
SourceHtWtBABIP - PHR-PVeloStaHoldGB/FB#Pitches#Pit-6+
MLC5' 10"180610925105933
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”