55.010 – Thomas Slipped From Closing Role?

GM: Doug Olmsted

Moderator: shoeless.db

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

55.010 – Thomas Slipped From Closing Role?

Post by RonCo » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:32 pm

Off Topic

Mad Popes Looking to Make Changes?

June 30, 2055 -

Youthful Sacramento hurler Clint Thomas made the buzz earlier this year when manager Fernando Pacheco tagged him as the team’s closer. “I trust him in tight situations,” Pacheco said. The results, however, have been mixed. Nineteen saves, yes. But against four blown.

The Sacramento Times Gazette’s young reporter Max Offen Sichtlich had begun to earn a bit of a reputation among local sports fans by breaking various off-kilter stories is now passing rumors that, with the acquisition of Felix Vidaca, Pacheco may be rethinking that arrangement. No word on what concept the Popes will be trying out, and in fact rumors are that Thomas’s susceptibility to the late-inning homer may result in them trying out a few combinations before settling on anything final.

When reached for a comment, Thomas, who has noted publicly how much he’s enjoying being the guy at the end of the chain, said he hadn’t heard anything. “News to me,” Thomas said. “But that’s not surprising. Fernando never really has kept me in the loop on anything.”

“As a closer, you just can’t give up the long ball in those kinds of situations,” Offen Sichtlich writes. “And I understand that regardless of how that goes down in the Thomas household, it’s going to happen.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”