Moderator: shoeless.db

shoeless.db
BBA GM

52.05 Popes Lose to Bluebirds in Seven

Post by shoeless.db » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:16 pm

Wasim Jaffar Jr.
Senior Writer
Mad Popes Missalette

The despicable @Dington and his band of counterfeit ballplayers stole another postseason series from our beloved Popes, prevailing in game seven of the Doubleday 2-1 in a series mucked by the Bluebirds' cocky and befouled attitudes. Nashville was led to victory in the pivotal game seven by part pitcher and part two-dimensional donkey at a child's birthday party J. Dawson. I can't even get myself to print his full name as the two-bit cheater does not deserve it. He held our Popes to a meager six hits in the finale, relying mostly on pitches granted mystical powers by his spit and a well-placed nail file.

Rookie hurler Joe King took the loss, his second of the series and an auspicious start to his postseason career -- one likely to include playoff starts in every one of his 15 seasons with the Popes, culminating with a game seven victory over the Detroit Sabertooths (formerly the Tulsa Taco Trucks, formerly the Atlanta Aardvarks, formely the El Paso Chillis, formerly the ... I don't remember) in the Monty Brewster Championship, Shoeless' first and only championship in his 67 seasons in the BBA.
Sacramento Mad Popes (unretired)
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 52.05 Popes Lose to Bluebirds in Seven

Post by Dington » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:57 pm

When asked about his thoughts when Sacramento's Game 7 starter was, he said " You must be Joe King hahahahahahaha. Easy peasy!"
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”