GM: Doug Olmsted

Moderator: shoeless.db

shoeless.db
BBA GM

44.47 Groucho Promoted (maybe)

Post by shoeless.db » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:37 am

August 18, 2044 | Mad Popes Record: 56-66, 17.5 GB, 8.5 GB(WC), 4-2 last sim
Rolio Elder | Apprentice to the Exalted Mystic | Donkeagle Press

With the shrug of his shoulders and the words, why the hell not, coming from his lips, general manager Shoeless promoted heralded pitching prospect and 2042 first round draft choice Marvin "Groucho" Winston to Sacramento this week.

Despite the call-up, which is often one of the most memorable experiences for any professional baseball player, Winston has yet to report to Sacramento. Instead, according to our top unpaid intern, Wasim Jaffar Jr., the talented 20-year-old intends to quit baseball altogether. Jaffar caught Winston outside his host family's home in Rapid City, SD.

"I sent the club a wire stating, 'please accept my resignation," Winston said. "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

Reasons for his decision to relinquish his baseball career so quickly may center around the young star's distaste for Shoeless.

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot," Winston then looked into the camera to address Shoeless directly. "I have nothing but respect for you -- and not much of that."

Asked what he plans to do instead, Winston smoothed his mustache, saying, "Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun."

The Popes have Winston penciled in to make his debut against the Portland Lumberjills on Sunday. Only Camacho knows if Winston will be on the mound.

"Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you," Winston said before plopping a big cigar into his mouth and slamming the door on Jaffar.
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: 44.47 Groucho Promoted (maybe)

Post by HoosierVic » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:39 pm

Hello, I must be going. I came to say I cannot stay, I must be going ...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”