GM: Doug Olmsted

Moderator: shoeless.db

shoeless.db
BBA GM

44.32 Popes Reverse Retool?

Post by shoeless.db » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:44 pm

June 9, 2044 | Mad Popes Record: 22-40, 16 GB, 3-5 last sim
Rolio Elder | Apprentice to the Exalted Mystic | Donkeagle Press

General Manager Shoeless has screeched his miserable voice all over the airwaves (Editor's note to @niles08 : Olmsted is spelled, well, Olmsted, and certainly not Holmstead), proclaiming the multitude of ridiculous trades he's made as part of an organizational retool. Yet, because it's Shoeless, he went and did the opposite of what a team typically does during a retool: He traded away a bunch of prospects in exchange for an old grizzled veteran on the last year of his contract.

Tony Alomar
The Mad Popes announced a deal that brings over 34-year-old Wichita reliever Tony Alomar and 16-year-old pitching prospect (and future armpit hair grower) Alim bin Ayoob. In exchange, the Popes sent a smattering of mid-level prospects, an obvious over-confident reaction after being named the franchise with the top minor league system.

"Camacho appeared in my dream last night ... in the form of a sea monster," Shoeless said via telephone while walking his dog in Sacramento's East Portal Park. "He spoke to me in a language I didn't understand, but I took from his body undulations that he wanted me to make a trade for Alomar. I just requested that bin Ayoob be part of the deal, because, I guess, his name is kind of fun to say. Alim Bin Ayoob. Bin Ayoob."

Alomar spent most of this season as Wichita's stopper out of their bullpen, posting an ERA of 2.92 in 61 2/3 innings and a FIP of just 3.48. He is on a one year deal paying him $2.86m.

"We think Alomar may have the ability to start games for us," Shoeless went on. "If that fails, we can always put him back in the pen with Cruz, Vitalle, and Andres. Heck, maybe the four of them could be called the Four Donkeagles of Mayhem, or something on that ilk."

Despite our continuous ridicule of Shoeless, we here at Donkeagle Press are excited about that name: The Four Donkeagles of Mayhem. It sounds foreboding, and it's also a brilliant tribute to our lord and savior, Camacho.

"Bin Ayoob! Bin Ayoob!" Exalted Mystic Ralph Dewaldo sang. "Alim Bin Ayoob! It really is fun to say!"
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: 44.32 Popes Reverse Retool?

Post by jleddy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:30 pm

Please spend the necessary PP to apply the nickname of Alim "Booya" bin Ayoob.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 44.32 Popes Reverse Retool?

Post by Dington » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:08 pm

jleddy wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:30 pm
Please spend the necessary PP to apply the nickname of Alim "Booya" bin Ayoob.
Joe beat me to it.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”